taxedermist

• toddcarnes
    Milan IL

Does anyone know of a good taxedermist for fish with in 100 miles of quad cities. someone who does top knotch work. the fish is my 7 year old daughters first fish ever, and it just happened to be a good one. since i may have it setting on the kitchen table as a center piece , i want it to look real good.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I can’t help you with the mounting…but would love to see the picture!

toddcarnes
    Milan IL

I would but iam not real good with the computer , I been looking at this site for 2 years and just now figuring out how to reply lol . ill see what my wife can do she is alot better then me.

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

Not sure of any places around the quad cities. One thing I will mention though is if you are thinking of putting it on the table or anywhere other than the wall be sure to mention that to your taxidermist. Most of the time they usally have a slice along the side and then just stiched back together. If you will be able to see both side you would not want to see that. Just an FYI.

Yeah what BrianK said, Have any pics?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Baby Steps Todd!

Here’s the link on posting pics… >Click Here<

or send it via email to [email protected]

Always love seeing big fish little kids!

toddcarnes
    Milan IL

i appreciate the info. i was kidding about the kitchen table though . i actualy have a walleye on a piece of drift wood that is big enough for 2 fish iam gonna put it on there

elheldt
    N E Iowa

Mike Greco in Oelwein is excellent. He is an absolute artist at it. Has done a lot of work for the I-DNR and some for the W-DNR. /and oh, did I mention he is my nephew? But that aside, He is good. Give him a call. Ph. number 563-283 3267. “`Gene Heldt

toddcarnes
    Milan IL

Briank, she E mailed it , couldnt figure out how to make it small enough . thanks for the info

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Dandy bluegill!

elheldt
    N E Iowa

Very nice fish Miss Carnes.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

That’s cool Todd!

I have this feeling that when you’re sitting in the retirment home, looking out the window…this picture will be on your night stand.

That’s going to make a real nice mount.

mrcrappie
    mn Dodge co.

Nice pic.

evileye
    Milan Il

A Young deer hunter suggested one in Independence Ia to me , Great work but a little slooooooooooo

annmarie
    Des Moines, IA

Cory Caruthers in Des Moines is very good. I think he also makes frequent trips to MPLS. He has won many awards and did a walleye for me.
    E-mial if you would like more info. [email protected]

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Very nice picture and Gill

The set up she is using looks like BrianK’s Walleye gear!

honda75
    Iowa

A guy by the name of doug peters is a taxidermist in the waterloo cf area and he does very nice work. I can’t remember the name of his business though, but would imagine his name is in the phone book. I would reccomend giving him a call i know he does alot of fish.

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

hi Todd,
    Congrats to you and your daughter.
    I have done fish skin mount Taxidermy for over 28 years.
    sent you a PM.
    good luck with whoever you choose, but make sure to see some work and/or pics.
    Jack..

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.