Anyone got news from the Brainerd Area?

• Anonymous

We will be heading up to the Brainerd Area next weekend 6/17. We will be looking for Bass Sm. or Lg. and Northerns. Anyone been up there of late with any info??
    I was in the Cumberland area this pas weekend and I was amazed at the little amount of weed growth at this point. The Bass were a bit slow although my approch was aggresive. I like to pound the water to a fault. We did find many small fish and many pike, also small. My guess is that in a week or two the bass bite will really take off.

Anonymous

Don’t have much for you but there’s some BIG pike in Gull Lake and they can be found anywhere you find walleyes. Fresh weeds is key! Trolling cranks or Lindy rigging will both give you a shot at these dogs! Get a map if you go there………….LOTS of area and possibilities.

Anonymous

hey Haywood, thoought I’d throw in a quick reply, hope it is not too late. I get up to Breezy Pt in mid Aug, and usually spend a few days on the west end of North Long lake, along 371, lots of weeds and pads, perfect Frogin” stuff. I also like Gladstone lake ( just north of North Long lake,) good panfish and descent bass, surface lures, buzzbaits, jigs and jig-worm. have fun, take a camera. Jack.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.