A few shameless pictures

• farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

Well, I never thought it would happen to me, but it finally did. Thursday evening, my wife gave birth to my first child. A little boy, Samuel Laurence Graunke, 6lbs, 9 oz, and 21″ long. (I could not help thinking I had release walleyes bigger then that on Mille Lacs the weekend before)

I have never been through so many emotions in so short of a time. The Dads out there I’m sure know what I am talking about. But all turned out well. My wife was the real trooper in the whole thing, and made me proud

All in all, it was a perfect way to end 9 months of anxious waiting. I was always hoping for a boy, but when it came time to see, I forgot all about it , I was just really happy that he came out so perfect.

So here are my shameless pictures from a new proud papa, looking forward to getting him out on the water.

I had a trip for some flatheads with my Dad on Saturday night, and my Dad had to rib me about canceling Thanks Dad.

waterfowler99
    Midwest

congrats the fun has begun for 18yrs

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Congrats!!!!!!

Yep, words cannot describe the emotions that a guy feels when that kid pops out!!! What a rush!!!

lax79
    La Crosse, WI

Congrats!!! Now you just have to get him his first fishing pole.

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Now that’s what I call a KEEPER!! I have two kids and they are gifts from above no doubt…MOST of the time!

skhartke
    Somerset, WI

Quote:

MOST of the time!

You got that right!
    Congrats! Good looking boy!

690reece
    Hutchinson,Minnesota

Congrats Farmboy1!! It seems like yesterday that I was in your position, but it’s been 2 years and 9 months of 90% joy, 5% lack of sleep, and 5% amazement!! I was watching my son cast his new rod and reel last night ! I can’t wait till I have my FULLTIME fishing partner for the good and the bad days alike. Again Congratulations!!!!!!! 690reece

rick-robinson
    Dundee, Iowa

Lots memories to be made in the years to come
    What a keeper!

Doug Bonwell
    Cedar Falls IA

Congrats! Fatherhood is awesome. Question: Did you spell the middle name right? Shouldn’t it be like LOWRANCE 332 or 334? Just joking

Congrats again

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

Quote:

Congrats! Fatherhood is awesome. Question: Did you spell the middle name right? Shouldn’t it be like LOWRANCE 332 or 334? Just joking

Congrats again

I never thought of that , actually it is her Grandfathers name and spelling. Still seems a little odd to me.

stuart
    Mn.

uluckydogu….Nice looking young man there…congrats to both of you!!!

yellowjacket
    Byron, MN

Now that’s a keeper……Congrats on the awesome new addition. Fishing/hunting/cribbage partner for life buddy!!!!!

mud

Hey, congratulations! My two are 9 and 7 and are growing fast. Good little fishing buddies!

Here’s a tip from one dad to another. When changing diapers, have the wipes out and ALWAYS have a fresh diaper under him ready to go BEFORE you take the other one off, and stand to the left or the right. This way you can take the old one off and the other one is ready after a quick clean-up. My boys ALWAYS peed as soon as that thing hit the air! (That’s why you stand to one side or the other ) Never been peed or pooped on!

Congrats again

tony_p
    Waterloo, IA

Congrats .

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Nothing shameless in showing off your little guy.

Life will change as you know it, remember
    well forget it now.
    I have two, a girl 6 and a boy 3.
    Tell mom congrats and make sure you pamper her as she just gave you the best gift that you will ever get.

Ron

hoistafish1
    Long Prairie,MN

Congrats on the keeper. Tell the Mrs. she did great. They grow so fast, sometimes I wish the wife and I could start over again, NOT! Their a blast, have fun!

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Its amazing that thier that small and alive, a total rush having the first, second, etc. Have fun with him.

shayla

CONGRATULATIONS!

Cute little guy, looks like he’s shaking his fist at the camera in that first picture.

bgrotte
    Rogers, MN

Nice Keeper!!!

Congrats!!

hof
    Rochester, MN

Congrats!

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

hey Farm,

my wife thinks your cute!! ooops i mean the baby is cute. sorry, hope you didn’t get to big of a head.

shane

huntem29
    Melrose Park IL

Awesome! Enjoy the little man, he will be out fishing you soon enough.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Dang it Farmboy! You’re holding him wrong! One hand on the belly and the other…

Congrats!

Now start saving that flathead slime…it works wonders for that craddle crap stuff and if he puts up a fuss eating pablem…give him a little slime…he’ll LOVE the pablem.

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

You know, I did want to get a picture like that, but suprisingly, the wife did not think it was a good idea

Thanks for the kind words guys I am really looking forward to getting him out fishing. I was told that he is not allowed in the boat unless I can find a life jacket that is labeled for a newborn

gotcatfish
    Prior Lake,MN

Congrats Farmboy

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

hey Farm

they do make them so keep searching, you will find one. I got one at walmart.

shane

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

Quote:

hey Farm

they do make them so keep searching, you will find one. I got one at walmart.

shane

Walmart it is then. Maybe a little late night catfishing, heck he won’t let me sleep anyways

DeeZee
    Champlin, Mn

Congrats Farmboy!
    That is awesome. Looks like a special little guy!

1hawghunter
    Grand Rapids, MN

Congrats Farmboy to you and your wife. It has been 27 years since my first child was born but I can still see her as she looked into my eyes as if it was yesterday. Charish every minute with him because times goes by so fast and always, always be there for him. You are truely blessed.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.