Success on Gull Lake!

• Anonymous

Just when the sun kisses the horizon to about 10:30pm in 4-6′ of water. Eyes up to 24″ at the rate of about 10 minutes per fish. Most between 19 and 21″…………..wonderful fish! Just troll (about 1.5 to 2 mph) with a rattle crank of choice or a #13 Rapala. Success to be found in various areas so just pay attention to the depth.

Anonymous

I will be on Gull June 8th to the 14th, any more tips would be much appreciated!

Anonymous

Behavior patterns seem a little slow this year but I would think by the time you get there you would find a good leech bite and encounters with larger fish should be more common. I have some friends up there hitting it again this weekend…………I’ll let you know how they did.

As far as other tips………..get a lake map and pay attention to Grassy and White House Bar. There are lots of other great spots but these seem to be the most consistant for me. Brighter colors in low light conditions did better than duller colors and if it rattles, color won’t matter once it’s dark. Beware the pike! They’ll give you their 2 cents worth too!

Anonymous

Had a blast last week on Gull, found most of our fish at the Hay Field (see fishing hot spots map) marked a ton of fish here stacked up like you would not believe. Most of our fish were caught on lindy rigs tipped with a leach, also had good luck trolling # 13 floating rapala in firetiger. Most eyes were 14″ to 19″ this is also what we saw most other boats catching, should make for a real good year class next year. I am already planing next years trip around the same time.

Anonymous

Sounds like fun Steve. You will have to give us the details at the July 1 Walleye Searchers meeting.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.