Spring Lake

• Anonymous

Got out for a few hours yesterday on Spring Lake (right near Prior). What a slow day! I went to look for some crappies with my son and didn’t have much luck. We tried a little bit in the shallow areas, saw nothing at all and kept moving deeper. Water temps are around 55, which still seems a whole lot colder than normal and even the fish tend to agree. We spotted a few schools at 18 feet, 26 feet and scattered fish at 30 feet. Nothing to write home about, though, and nobody eating.

One interesting thing, though. I talked to a guy while getting ready to head home who’d been fishing the shallow areas and he said that he spotted quite a few walleyes in 3 feet of water. Apparently, the bass have given up waiting for warm weather and are spawning finally, although not in big numbers. The walleyes are in shallow looking for bass and eggs now. He caught a 3 pounder in that area. In broad daylight no less. I thought about going back out for a bit, just to see, but the cold weather changed my mind…. *sigh* Will it ever warm up?

Anyway, has anyone else had any luck on the smaller lakes around here?

Mike

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.