the new JalopeII

• Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

hey guys, here are a few new pics of the new ride. I also have them in the Jalope post.

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

the last one is the first ride with the boys. let me tell you, the smiles where ear to ear when they had the wind blowing in thier dews. it was a blast being able to have them out in the boat and not have to worry about them getting into stuff that they should get into.

shane

TBeirl514
    Covington Indiana

The last picture is priceless.The years will pass by so fast ,they will always remember the first ride in the new boat with dad . Enjoy Tom :

ggoody
    Mpls MN

Nice rig Shane……

sallie

Hey Shane

Congratulations on the new Jalope. You deserve it.

The only problem is that it don’t look like a Jalope.

I think the Jalope needs to be renamed. If you want to change it’s name maybe there can be some suggestions on this post.

I’m sure Briank can come up with a good one. He don’t have anything else to do.

I’ll bet the kids will really enjoy it. You can tell by the smiles.

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

well then go ahead and give me some names. I am sure that between us all, we could come up with a great name for the new ride.

shane

putz
    Cottage Grove, Minn

Way to go, Shane. Just call her Hilde.

sallie

How about Fast Track

emover
    Malcom, IA

Shane,
    The boys pic is priceless, and you will look back on it for many years to come.

Now as for a name you could call her;

momagreed or
    kidsmustpla or
    ridenstyle or
    OFB (Our Favorite Boat!)

dave

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

well I tell you that the good lookin one like the momagreed. but I know there has to be some better names out there. I was thinking NOT4U, or how about jealous? i don’t know, jalope has always stuck with me with pretty much everything that I have ever owned. with something new, I am not going to know how to act.

shane

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

well guys, I had the new rig out this morning on Tonka after getting it fixed last week. I topped out at 42mph with the 90 2 stroke. I forgot to grab my gps to see how fast I was running with that, but I figured that around 40 mph is running pretty good. I like the way that I can just split the waves and not bounce across the top of them. it was a nice morning out on the water even though I got blanked today. oh well can’t catch them all.

shane

hookem_9
    Hastings, MN

Congrats on the new ride. what did you have fixed last week?

“Antijalope”

Good luck,

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

well should I say.

the person that wired the boat up before I picked it up routed the wires wrong and I was having a short from the key to the shifter, so my tilt and trim wasn’t working all of the time, nor could I start the motor until I got the wired to touch. seeing how they had to lift the lower part of the motor up high, they pinched the wires off but didn’t break the insulation. then they forgot to put in a bunch of fuses so my livewell didn’t work, also my recirculation pump didn’t work. then the speedo cable also got pinched off so they had to replace that. so I took it back to the place that I baught the boat, not the place that I picked it up from, the mechanic there said that he would look the whole thing over. they also forgot to tell me to add oil into the gas tank during the break in period for the motor, so I ran a half a tank of gas straight. sure hope I didn’t do too much damage. I got a little upset and laid into the place that I baught the boat for all of the run around that they gave me in 2 days. but I had it out on sunday and it ran really well, didn’t have any problems other then getting blanked for the day on the water.

shane

krisko
    Durand, WI

Sorry I missed this post….Congrats on the post… I told you your day was coming, and you didn’t believe me. Sorry we didn’t get to fish at the GTG, probably a good thing though huh?

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

well I have a few pics of how I am rigging the boat up, any imput on how to make it better than it is would be most appreciated.

redneck
    Rosemount

Dang Shane—You confused the heck out of me changing your handle. Couldn’t figure out who this “Tracking Bass” character was till I saw this post. Where did you mount the antenna for the radio? That is one sweet looking boat Sir and I’ll bet it gets plenty of use.

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

the antena is going to be mounted right next to the counsel and lay back down the drivers side. then when I am needing it, I just have to stand it up. 4′ will put it just past the shifter. I was just wondering if anyone else had any ideas on how to get more efficient or better use of the boat. I guess I need to take pics of the doors and stuff like that.

shane

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.