Wed Humor

• fireman1217
    Eagan, MN

We got back from Rainy a couple of weeks ago and one of the guys made this up….The saying for the week was “You’re GD right I did”
    (I sure wish I knew how to copy and past on here though)

Fisherman vs. US DNR

The conflict between a fisherman and US DNR set to the tone of the movie “A Few Good Men”…

Fisherman: “You want answers?”

DNR: “I think we are entitled to them!”

Fisherman: “You want answers?!”

DNR: “I want the truth!”

Fisherman: “You can’t handle the truth!!”

Fisherman (continuing): “Son, we live in a world that requires walleye as a source of food. And those walleyes must be brought in by people with elite skills. Who’s going to find them? You? You Mr. Warden? We have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom.

You scoff at the fishermen and you curse our lucrative fishing tactics. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what we know: that while you the cost of fishing with results is excessive, it produces fish. And my very existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, brings in walleyes! You don’t want to know the truth, because deep down in places you don’t talk about at DNR meetings….you want me in that boat. You NEED me in that boat!

We use words like lindy rigs, money fish, jigging, are you snagged and fish-on. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent locating walleyes. You use them as a punch line.

I have neither the time nor inclination to explain myself to people who rise and sleep under the very blanket of fish revenue I provide, and then question the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said “thank you” and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a rod and drop a line. Either way, I don’t give a damn what you think you are entitled to!”

DNR: “Did you catch that limit in Canada?”

Fisherman: “I did the job I was hired to do.”

DNR: “Did you catch that limit in Canada?!”

Fisherman: “You’re goddamn right I did!”

I hope no offense is taken by anyone…

krisko
    Durand, WI

THAT IS AWESOME….I just watched that show the other night. I can just see Jack in a fishing hat saying this in his boat!!!!! I love it!

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

I don’t care who you are, that’s funny right there!

staynchargebob
    Amery, WI

FYI:

Control + c key = cut
    Control + v key = paste

rlamar
    Davenport, Iowa, USA

That’s good, very funny

snowkid07
    Duluth,MN

lol thats really funny!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.