Alumacraft Tournament Pro 175 and Yam F150?

• bbayerko
    Eagan MN

Can anyone who has an Alumacraft Tourament Pro/Sport 175 with a Yamaha F150 tell me what speed you are getting out of it, and if you’re satisfied with the setup?

Thanks in advance for the info.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Awesome, thanks derek I found a link to the boat and motor I’m looking at too, cool, I notice my gas mileage will suck big time

BBROWN

Beercooler, I have a 2004 Tournament Pro 175 with the 115 Yam and I have had it up to 42 (GPS) with the SS prop. Now I will say on Mille Lacs I don’t get the chance to open up very often. For the 5 to 10 extra MPH and the price difference for the 115 and 150 I opted for the 115 and I like to back troll with it as well. Good luck and you will like the Alumacraft for sure, nice rig / ride.

Fisheye

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

I agree 100%
    I’d like to get more speed out of my C-liner with the 150 but I’d use a LOT more gas for about 5-6 mph…

BBROWN

No regrets Tom, I like the boat and the performance of the F115 Yamaha. I would like to go faster at times but like I said it’s not to often you can open it up on Mille Lacs anyways. And whats another 5 10 minutes to get to your spot.

Fisheye

shayla

I own a 2004 Tounament Sport with a Yamaha 150 4-stroke! I absoulutely love it, but then I don’t consider the gas milage on the boat because, frankly, all boats get bad gas milage! Having said that, when it was new and the prop and skeg were in mint condition I got 53 mph….ONCE! Once I got it loaded up and put the wife and dog in there, I average closer to 48-50 mph. Honestly, lately I have noticed I am only topping out at about 5200 rpm’s and around 47-48 mph, but I think that has a lot to do with the fact that my prop and skeg are pretty chewed up!

Aside from speed, I have never owned a more quiet motor and nicer riding boat….that anyone can appreciate! There’s something to be said about a boat that rides well and feels SAFE! And that is what you get with this set-up. The only thing I would like to change is my trailer, I got talked into a custom Prestige bunk, now I wish I had a roller….live and learn!

bbayerko
    Eagan MN

Thanks for the input guys, it’s much appreciated!

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

Come on Brian, drop the $ and get the 150.

Jami

crossin_eyes
    Lakeville, MN

I’m looking at new boats for next year and I’m curious to know what you don’t like about the bunk trailer.

Thanks,
    Mike

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

That boat is rated for a 175 isn’t it? If you are going to upgrade you might as well max it out.

koldfront kraig
    Coon Rapids mn

With that boat I’d go at least 135.

krisko
    Durand, WI

I’m with Lenny, MAX it out…IMO if it is rated for a 175 that is what you put on it…you can never have too much power!

bbayerko
    Eagan MN

It’s not easy to find 25″ shaft in that HP range. So far as I can see, I’ve got three choices.
    Suzuki, Yamaha or Merc.
    For my money, I’m sticking with Yamaha, and they don’t make a 175.

Who out there has a deal I just can’t refuse?

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

I just looked on the Yamaha website, and 20″ is as big as they have listed ’til you get to the 200’s.

bbayerko
    Eagan MN

That’s what I’m finding…..No E-tec, no HPDI, etc…

Thanks for checking though Chris.

shayla

Quote:

I’m looking at new boats for next year and I’m curious to know what you don’t like about the bunk trailer.

Thanks,
    Mike

Mike,
    I fish a lot in the winter and the carpeted bunks hold a lot of water…which doesn’t go too well with freezing temps. But, the main reason I wish I had a roller is because some of the smaller lakes that I use to be able to get into are much harder now, or impossible, due to the fact that the boat rides so much higher on the Prestige trailer and I am not able to roll it off into the water, it has to float off….and that’s a heavy setup to be wrestling off the trailer. One other thing I should mention, they ain’t pretty, but I would go with a galvanized trailer next time too! My paint job is two years old and looks like you know what!

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Quote:

I just looked on the Yamaha website, and 20″ is as big as they have listed ’til you get to the 200’s.

I talked to Erickson’s Marine a short while ago and they told me you can have have a HPDI outfitted for a 25″ transom.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Well there ya go! Gator comes through!

Bunks can be used easily in winter when you spray Armor All on them!

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

There you go Brian, your boat with a 175 hpdi! That thing will haul serious you know what.

Jami

mike_v
    carver Mn

I told you that the hpdi came in a 25inch shaft. I think you should rerig everything, go glass….

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.