Metro Crappies

• Tinman

Anyone been out fishing for crappies yet? I’m hoping to get out this weekend, either White Bear or Minnetonka. Any reports would be great!!

Anonymous

I would suggest Tonka. Rumor has it Blacks is full of crappies. I know I will be there tom!!!!

Anonymous

I was out frday eve. on White Bear, got a few by the county boat launch on the north end just as the sun was going down. Still kind of slow out there.

Anonymous

I was on Bald Eagle last thurs. no crappies anywhere, Ithink the water is still a little cold for them to move into the shallows yet.

Anonymous

Got out on Minnetonka Saturday afternoon. We caught 20 crappies and 5 bluegills in about two hours of fishing. We fished in 4-6 feet of water on the north side of Seton. Mostly on the small side, we kept 10 of the biggest crappies and 2 nice bluegills.

Anonymous

We were out for a good part of the day on Saturday and the fishing Gods were not with us. We didn’t see a lot of other fish being caught for most of the day so we didn’t feel so bad. We had our best luck on the north end of Seton as well… seven keepers. We got salt rubbed into our wound pretty severely when we decided to stop by Grandpa Bay at the end of the day. Another boat was pulling in crappie after crappie. Two other boats nearby were also catching them but not at quite the same rate. We moved in as close as fishing manners would allow but we got skunked while they continued to hammer ’em. The ultimate insult happened as we finally put our tails between our legs and headed for the boat ramp. We watched a little kid pull in two nice crappies from shore as we were loading the boat! Oh well, I’m a big boy – I can take it -)

Justaguess

I was out on Saturday on Mtka and suprised at how good the bite was. I just looked at weather.com and they have dire predictions for cold with rain/snow for next Saturday.

Do you think a cool week will push the crappies deep, or would you expect them to still be in the shallows.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.