ICAST update from Vegas

• kwkfsh

I have not made it around the whole show yet but have seen some cool new items. With only 8 pc’s for the show I will keep it short for now

Lowrance portable GPS for the car and boat with all the road maps of an automotive GPS as well as depth contour info built in for over 3,000 lakes on the 30 gig harddrive. Can you say goodbye map chips!

Led landing net lite that clips onto the landing net handle for those late nite lunkers.

The best of show award went to new Fireline Crystal which is superline but is clear like mono. Way cool!

The new Abu Revo series casting reels look to be a very nice unit with monster gears and a 7:1 gear ratio model.

Vexilar is showing their new FL-12 and FL-20 models with a new flat screen configuration.

The new Reel Skins are like a protective invisible coat for your expensive casting reels and are barely visible when attached.

Later
    Captain Brian Larson

This is like the ultimate big boys toy store. As a purveyor of high quality outdoor gear this show gives me an edge in being able to see and compare new items side by side and bring the best to my customers

scottsteil
    Central MN

I heard the clear Fireline is unbelievable. A friend of mine has a sample and said it is amazing

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

Scott,

Do you know if it’s round? Haven’t used fireline in a while. I had problems with it binding before. Did they change this?

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Don’t forget to go over to the RIO and check out some WSOP action going on now. Wish I was out there….

-J.

cj_2
    Wisconsin

I bought 2 spools of the fireline clear/crystal about 2 weeks ago direct fro Berkley. I am not impressed. IT is essentially white line…the same as what my flame green turns into by fall. It has the exact same properties as regular fireline but white..not clear. I have an extra 300 yd spool of 20lb. if your interested in purchasing it? I would only want what I got in it…list price and I will eat the incoming shipping.

glenn-walker
    Shakopee, MN

Speaking of white line, some of my relatives have gotten white Power Pro, has anyone out there tried it?

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

haven’t seen the white power pro. I have a couple rods spooled with the hi-vis yellow power pro and like it.

KevinTurner
    MO & MN

Howdy Brian…Say hey to the MN boyz while you’re there for me….

dank
    Minneapolis, MN

I have used the new “Crystal” fireline and in the two outings that I used it, it has worked great. It cast well off the spool, not easily viable in the water and holds ups great.

jbob
    Hastings, MN

I also have used the new crystal fire line and think that it is great.

scottsteil
    Central MN

White Power Pro is easy to find, but the green and use it for a year. You now have white Power Pro

That is kind of a joke, but all my old power pro is white by the time I am done with it. Must be the sun.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Scott, the hi vis yellow Power Pro turns white too…well I guess there’s a tint of yellow to it….but for night fishing…what the heck as long as it holds it’s 80 lbs test I’m happy.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.