New Weedless Super Do’s Jig Head

• Anonymous

Here is a photo of the new “Weedless Super Do’s Jig Head”

I call it the “Do’s Head” (for short) and I have seen nothing like it for fishing plastics.

This is a black button-head style jig that was designed espically for Super Do’s (and any other small plastic bait such as tube-skirts or ringworms). The new head features a special built Mustad hook with a 60 degree eye and special long and thin forged wire shank. A dual flexible (and adjustable) cable makes this new head totally weedless. This head provides superior hooking ability over any other type of head or combination hook and weight. This hook has a very wide open gap because of its extra lingth. Weights available now are 1/4, 1/8, 1/16 oz.

I like to adjust the weed guard to what I coined as, a “trigger-set”, by bending the cable slightly towards the hook point. I do this to make the weedguard less pronounced (as seen in this photo) and to reduce the amount of tention needed to collapse the weedguard…. and then seperate the two cables about 1/18 ” in order to provide greater protection from snags.

I threw this lure into heavy cover that consisted of large and small tree limbs at least fifty times on my trip to the river on Saturday…. and never lost a jig. And actually, I was realy giving it my best try to loose the lure! I like it in the black color as it simulates the pupil of an eye, to game fish…. and the Super Do’s body adds plenty enough of color to the lure.

Another reason that I am thrilled with this new design is that weeds do not gather at the jig head-knot area. Weeds slide right on past the head of the jig. I think it will work just great in regular lake type weeds and cabbage, cat-tails, lilly pads, and stick-ups also. I can not wait to get these on the weed and limb filled river / inlet at lake Tetonka…I have lost a ton of conventional jigs there.

Hawger

shadrapla
    cambridge mn

where did you buy it i want buy and try it

JimCorey
    East Central Ohio

Definitely looks good!

shadrapla
    cambridge mn

i found thier website and i cant find head jig just plastic tube

Anonymous

I have not got the head on the site yet… soon though! Hawger

Anonymous

nice pic to show how it works and fits. This site sure helps expand the networking of “hooked” anglers

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.