Rainy River

• Anonymous

Anybody ever fished the Rainy from Franz Jevne on up eastward? I’m headed up this weekend and I have never fished much East of Manitou Rapids. Thanks!

Anonymous

How is the ice situation up there?

Anonymous

Ice condition still are good on the lake for what I have heard. Four mile bay out past pine island is still seeing traffic, my guess after this weekend, it will be ATV only. For the river, it sounds like in the next few days small light weight boats will make the main voyage so it is getting close. The last I heard there is open water stretches along most of the river with a large stretch open west of Frans almost to clemeston. They said with a few more warm days which is in the forecast it should be open enough for small boats. By next weekend my guess is most landings along the stretch will be in good shape. I will post an update early next week. Good Luck CCoops.

Anonymous

check the attachment out. This year your only going to have maybe a good week and half to fish the river n iopen water. Even then it probably will only make it half way to the lake. My guess is next weelend maybe by thur. that you can put a big boat in. I’m going up for the last five days (10-14th). It should be spectacular, on the ice and the river.

Anonymous

The ice on LOTW was in good shape. We fished out of Long Point two evenings and caught 6 walleyes both nights.We set up shallow and caught fish the last hour of light. The Rainy is open to Birchdale with about forty feet of shore ice. We put in a 16 ft. Lund Rebel easily. Fishing was absolutely fantastic! The ice on Red was fine but won’t be safe (vehicle) for long. Fishing was tough, we moved 12-15 times before we found fish, once we found em’ we pounded em’. Fishing in Baudette was slim to none, far to many wedding rings. Good luck!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.