Splash Guards

• MuskyMidget
    White Bear Lake, MN

Hey guys:

I see an ad for Whitecap Splash Guards on this site.

I have been kicking around putting splash guards on my 1650 Fish Hawk. I never backtroll, but on real windy days, it would be nice to prevent the water from coming over the transom.

Question: What brand do all you guys use (Whitecap, Wave Wackers, etc.) and think is the best value for the $$$ ?

I don’t know anything about them, so any info is greatly appreciated.

Anonymous

I saw the Whitecaps display at the Walleye Expo and was impressed with their quality… and warranty.

I have a set on my Lunker 14′ Alumacraft that are

not

Whitecaps…. I have noticed that they are cracked in one spot where they connect to the bolt… I wish I had bought Whitecaps now.

I overheard the owner of Whitecaps talking to a customer in his booth at the Expo, saying he has only had to replace a couple of sets… ever. And that the replaced one set for a guy that admitted they were broken when his boat bumped into another! They were still replaced under warranty… That is a warranty! No question in my mind, I will buy Whitecaps in the future.

Hawger

Anonymous

Matt,

The picture on the Whitecap banner is my rig he did for me two years ago. They have stood the test of rough water running and some pretty severe backtrolling conditions. I ran Wave Wackers on my Lund a few years ago and liked them but a little spendy for my taste.

I also ran Walleye Masters and busted 2 pair of them in rough water in less than 3 months.

The WhiteCap splash guards have been my choice for not only the price but the quality of product. I have ran them now for two years and still no sign of fatigue anywhere and they have seen everything Mille Lacs has to dish out. There is no doubt my next rig will have a set of Whitecaps on it.

Anonymous

Matt,

Brian at Whitecap is doing mine this weekend! He is awesome! I am going to do a product review complete with pics of the installation, and some background on the company.

Stay tuned!

Tuck

MuskyMidget
    White Bear Lake, MN

Thanks guys, I sent White Caps an email and they actually have a picture on their webpage with the Caps on a Fish Hawk. They look pretty good.

If I decide to get guards, I am going to go with the White Caps.

Thanks again – The Midge

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.