54 inch 44lb Northern?

• joppru

I had someone send me the huge northern pike picture today, so here I am, after some searches on Google. I looked at the Properties section for the picture and it says that the picture was taken on 12/31/2001 @ 6:02pm. If this is accurate, I’d say it is a Euro fish (soft water in December?). They grow some slobs over there.

Dave

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Lowrance is owned by a European company. They are very popular over there. I dont see an antenna for either unit. Anyone on rainy would have GPS. I have this pic on my PC in a larger version. You can see the slime on his chest and pants and the curve in the belly on his leg looks legit. Lastly the rod holders look unfamilar. I say the pic is real but the fish came from a Finnish lake.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

This is what you guys do to me while I’m off working hard for IDA! Some of you jokers have too much time on your hands. If you’re gonna photoshop me the least you could do is make me better-lookin’!

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Quote:

If you’re gonna photoshop me the least you could do is make me better-lookin’!

I thought they did!!!!!

Jira

Lord, I appologize.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

That’s not photoshopped. That’s just me before last weekend’s get-together.

koldfront kraig
    Coon Rapids mn

I say put the cone head pic on that body.

Esby1

Is it known that this monster fish was actually caught while fighting a 36″ northern? Here’s the picture:

duramax_2001
    Hastings, mn

I heard somewhere last year that Northerns and muskies are starting to cross. Could this be true? Looks real to me.

Crankbait

Look here. I think Gary’s estimates on the cannibal pike are pretty accurate.

keepcasting
    Excelsior

I actually saw an article about this fish and other monster pike in a recent Esox Angler magazine. It was caught somewhere in Europe (Netherlands I think). Can’t remember exactly where. It was one of the 2 most recent issues though.

MrTwister
    Dubuque, Iowa

I am pretty sure it is in the latest issue of Essox Angler/The Next Bite. It is from Europe and the guy published the picture without details just to get people talking. It looks like it worked.

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

THE country is HOLLAND that this Pike and many other HUGE Pike come from..
    The Next Bite ESOX, magazine, Winter 06/07 issue pg.12

Jack..

2Fishy4U

Derek,

I am not sure who owns Lawrance but it is a listed company which I thought was headquarted in Minnesota. I bought the stock about three years ago, at nine, based on my son’s recommendation because he likes their fish finders.

Anyway, are you sure if it is foreign owned.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Welcome to In-Depth Outdoors Esby1!!!

herefishyfishy
    MN

I have caught many northerns and the color doesnt seem to be that out of the ordinary. Just my two cents. What a pig!! So skip Canada and head to the Netherlands????

broncosguy
    Blaine, MN

OK, I know this has been beat around a lot and went way off the board. But this actually showed up in my in bin today. and the person I got it from said the guy in the picture is her boyfreinds best friend and it was actually caught in the BWCA. she is checking into it and will let me know. Who knows what’s right. but I still agree about not caught around these parts.

Broncs.

mrglax

While Europe is probably more noteworthy for fish of this calibur Canada still grows some pigs too

Viewing 19 posts - 61 through 79 (of 79 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.