Welcome to… two new FTL Field-Staff

• Anonymous

It is my pleasure to welcome two new EFN FTL Field-Satff members. The first is Jim Corey the owner of

Cripple Creek Bait & Tackle. I do not have the address yet, but will post it soon. But do know it is near LAKE ERIE…!

Jim is the GFO Walleye Tour Tournament Director and I am sure we all will enjoy and benifit from his Ohio fishing reports. He has been a charter member Southern Ohio Walleye Club from 1996

1st Place SOWC Team Division 1996

SOWC Top Gun 1998

SOWC Top Gun 2000

SOWC Angler of the Year 2000

1st Place SOWC Team Division 2001

Qualifier- Cabela’s National Team Tournament of Champions 2001

A Frequent contributor to the Walleye Central Magazine

gofishohio.com (GFO) Walleye Tour, Tournament Director

Owner-Cripple Creek Bait & Tackle, Dennison, Ohio

Member of the RumbleFish Rods Pro Staff

His Sponsors:

RumbleFish Rods

Vib-“E” Bladebaits

gofishohio.com

Uncle Josh

Tournament schedule for 2002:

March 24-IceBreaker Open @ C.J. Brown Lake, Ohio

April 7- WOWC/Cabela’s qualifier @ Indian Lake, Ohio

April 13- SOWC @ Piedmont Lake, Ohio

May 4- SOWC @ Mosquito Lake, Ohio

May 18-19-Cabela’s/MWC @ Mille Lacs Lake, Minnesota

June 1- SOWC @ Atwood Lake, Ohio

June 22-SOWC @ Tappan Lake, Ohio

July 13- SOWC @ Seneca Lake, Ohio

July 27-SOWC/Cabela’s Qualifier @ Tappan Lake, Ohio

August 10-SOWC @ Atwood Lake, Ohio

September 14-SOWC @ Seneca Lake, Ohio

September 28-29-SOWC Championship @ Piedmont Lake, Ohio

Welcome Jim! It is a thrill to have you join our staff.

Hawger

Next, is John Grosvenor of Iowa, who will be reporting on Lake Okoboji. A bit about John, he guides out of an area bait shop called “Oh Shucks”, primarily fishing/guiding West Lake Okoboji. He does fish other lakes in his area but will keep EFN very well informed on this, his “home body of water”. Welcome to our staff, John.

Hawger

JimCorey
    East Central Ohio

Hello everyone and thanks. I am looking forward to sharing information on toothy critters with all of you at EFN. please feel free to contact me with any questions about Walleye/Saugeye/Sauger fishing in the Buckeye State. I don’t have all the answers but I’ll do my best.

My primary E-mail is: [email protected]

Alternate E-mail: [email protected]

Phone# 740-922-0841

My address is:

Jim Corey

Cripple Creek Bait & Tackle

29562 Cadiz-Dennison Rd.

Dennison, Ohio 44621

Anonymous

Welcome guys, nice to have you here and I look forward to reading your reports

Eric Naig

JimCorey
    East Central Ohio

Thanks Eric. Maybe I’ll run into some of you guys when I come to Mille Lacs for the MWC/Cabela’s event in May.

Anonymous

Welcome to EFN. Looking forward to both of your postings. and of course always like seeing some nice photos like the hawg your holding. Steve

JimCorey
    East Central Ohio

As Jason Glatz can tell you, that fish is fairly common for the November run on Erie out of Huron, Ohio. I was with Bill Henkel of Vib-“E” Lures that day and we boated over 30 in a few hours. Only 3 were under 5# and we had 2 over 10#. Nearly all came on Reef Runners (mostly Orange Crush) 35 feet back off boards over 24 feet of water. The active fish were in the top 6 to 8 feet of the water column. We did pick up a couple of fish on Lil’ Rippers, 125 feet back off the boards. We went to stock the freezer for the Winter and wanted to find those 2 and 3 pounders. Even though we released all of our biggest fish (including the one I’m holding. It’s twisting out of my hands as the pic was taken), we still had to bring some fish home way bigger than we like to keep for eating. It’s a tough life, huh? Lol. Poor Jason, he has to live right there and fish all the time.

Anonymous

Jim,

I took a drive up to Den’s and then to Port Clinton on Saturday.. The lake was FLAT!!!!!! I wish I would have taken the boat!!!!

JimCorey
    East Central Ohio

A flat Erie is rare! I like to run around in the boat when the lake is like that but I hate fishing in those conditions. The last time I fished a flat Erie I put in over 10 hours for one bite; caught me by surprise, lol, so I missed the fish……naturally.

Anonymous

Bump to the top… Hawger

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.