Pro-Tec Powder Paint

• fireman731
    Miles, Iowa

Anybody ever used Pro-Tec Powder Paint? I needed some pink and pink/white jigs, so I got a bunch of H2O plain jigs and painted them up. Two hours and 200 jigs later over a hot stove. Was reading the instructions and it says for a harder finish bake for 20 mins at 350 degrees, is it necessary or should the be OK without baking. Just got the eyes put on last night ( at work ) Now there is another question, do you get more bites on jigs with or without eyes ?

waterfowler99
    Midwest

BAKE FOR 18 MIN, FOR BEST RESULTS THEY WILL BE A LOT TOUGHER TO CHIP

fireman731
    Miles, Iowa

Top or bottom rack ? Can I do a pizza at the same time?

waterfowler99
    Midwest

PUT THE JIGS ON THE PIZZA, PREHEAT AND COOK FOR 18 MIN. PICK OFF JIGS, AND EAT

jighead-two
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

I do mine on the center rack. If you ever do real small jigs, don’t leave them in as long, they tend to sag a little.

I wouldn’t cook any food with the lead jigs but, that pizza recipe sounds a little different, may have to try it.

I use a cheap heavy aluminum foil type baking pan and a small oven type rack that fits right on the pan, I got both at the grocery store. I hang the jigs on the rack, sometimes you get a little paint drip so this keeps your oven clean.

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

I paint 100’s of jigs using Pro-Tec powder paint and never have any problems with sagging or chipping .Bake for 20 minutes center rack on 350.Unbaked jigs will chip quickly..Good luck hope it works out for you .

sallie

Clean the eyes out before you bake them. Otherwise the paint gets so hard you’ll have to drill them out.

krisko
    Durand, WI

Quote:

Clean the eyes out before you bake them. Otherwise the paint gets so hard you’ll have to drill them out.

I second that! I had done about 100 in the oven once and found out I had about that many to try and break open the eyes on. It is easier to do right away.

jighead-two
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

The sagging problem I had was with 1/32oz. coller less jigs, I think the lead began to get soft and sag. I’ve had a little problem with 1/16oz coller less but more with the 1/32., so I just don’t leave then in as long. Anything heavier than that,or small jigs with a coller, no problem. The paint’s great

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.