Watertown S. D. area

• Anonymous

Looking for good walleye lakes in the watertown area this summer . Any FTL contact in this area ? Thanks

arnieMn

Waubay and Bitter are probably the two most notable lakes for excellent summer fishing. Both are very good at first ice out also. Usually the end of March or early April one of the lakes opens and you can fish walleye year round on these lakes. Verticle jig in the flooded trees usually between 6 to 12 feet of water. Pull spinners and plugs in 16 to 22 feet of water during the summer months.

Anonymous

Fireline,

The area around Watertown is fantastic. One lake that I personally love is Lake Poinsett. It’s about 20 mins south of Watertown. In the spring it’s not that uncommon to catch multiple picture fish at a couple creeks that flow into the lake. There are a ton of lakes that hold walleyes really close to Watertown. When the time gets closer, shoot me a private and I’ll call some buddies back there and get you a report.

Anonymous

Thanks for the come back arnieMn and waterfowler . I’ll be in touch waterfowler . Thanks again

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.