jon boat flooring

• rvrat
    st cloud,mn

Hello, i just purchased a 16 ft alumacraft waterfowler for a riverrunner..i am woundering if anybody heard of a rubber or vinal type flooring that i could put on the front and rear platforms to ease the heat of the metal on my feet…any input would be helpful…thanks in advance…jay

birddog
    Mn.

I came across this stuff (Treadmaster)while researching for a different application. I had them send me out a few samples, it’s the perfect stuff for your application!! The diamond matting would be tuff on the feet, but the smoother style has lots of grip and would be nice to the feet. You can get it in self sticking pads or get it in large mats that you can cut to shape and glue down, lots of colors to choose from also. Check it out!

Click here,Treadmaster

BIRDDOG

2Fishy4U

My son made flooring for our Jon Boat, mostly to keep our feet warmer in the winter. He cut two boards to fit between the seats and then carpeted the top — work well.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

That’s what I did. 3/4 inch treated plywood and marine carpet. The floors easily pull out for cleaning. If you want pics, let me know and I’ll post some.

-J.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

No prob. I’ll get a few uploaded tonight.

-J.

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Quote:

I just picked up a winter beater boat. So this project is going to be right up my alley..

What’s wrong with the Titanic that you all ready own

Ron

Whiskerkev
    Madison

I found this stuff at home depot that is rubber matting that snaps together. It comes in 1 foot squares. Very light and easy to install. Did my whole rig with it for under 20 bucks. I had the carpet before it was pretty good too until I put a few slimy cats on it. The rubber washes off with a hose. I have it secured to my rig with one sheet metal screw and a washer.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

This link will take you to my file share. Click on each .jpg files to view the pictures.

Jon Boat Flooring – Click Here

Note that they fit nice and snug. They don’t bounce around when running. Going on season number 5. Ordered carpet and glue from Cabelas.

-J.

treed

I carpeted the front platform and would not do it again. Collects tons of sand. When dry and at high speeds it creates a sand storm blowing back into your face. I have a Seark and for the flooring I filled the spaces between the ribs with 2″ styro and skinned it with aluminum. I painted that with camo paint with sand mixed in. Much better solution. I had 3/4″ plywood on before that and it is much too heavy. Slows top speed way down.

garvi
    LACROSSE WI

One thing I did before we bought neo mats for our boat.
    I cut out some thin indoor/ outdoor carpet and put down sticky back round velcro at the corners on the boat and had the hook velcro sewed to the carpet, very easy to pull out and shake the sand out.

also if you go with the plywood idea I would suggest notching out the sides for the ribs so the plywood can go all the way to the side of the boat so things will not fall between the boat and the plywood that easy.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.