Annual FTL Get-together

• Anonymous

Our first birthday (or is it our second?) And, you are all invited (no presents please!). Ha!

http://www.fishthelake.com has chose to meet at Madison Lake, located right in the town of Madison Lake, MN. (Hwy 60 from Fairbault to Madison Lake). January 5, 2002 (foul weather date is 1/12/02). Come for the day, we’ll start early. I’ll have a new Jiffy Ice Auger w/8″ cutting holes, that you can use… so ya don’t need a drill.

EFN Staff will bring something to throw on the grill, you are welcome to add to that too (ok staff, who got a deer?)

I’ll start up the contest! $25.00 in B-Fish-N Lures to the biggest walleye ($10.00 more in lures, if it can be released live after weigh in). Contest starts at 7am and ends at 3pm. A tie, splits the pot (NO explosives permitted, and all State and local laws apply). Anyone want to add to the kitty? Send me a private or post it here, or on FTL. More info later…

Thanks to Steve Hougom, our fearless leader and of course, James Holst too…

Who can make it?

Hawger

Anonymous

I’m in Hawger, I’ll PM you for some ideas.

Hook

Anonymous

It’s on the calendar. See you all there!

Jon J.

Anonymous

I plan to get it on the schedule!

Hey Hawger whats the lake access like? Snowmoblie or 4×4 truck?

Anonymous

No problem for truck/car, depending on ice. Accesses on N.W. and S. with N. being the one to use.

Hawger

Anonymous

I hope all goes well for the 5th, cause I’ll be icin’ on Winnie the following weekend!! Can’t wait to have a hole drillin’, fish yankin’ good time!!!!

Jim W

Anonymous

Hooks says he’ll donate some of his rod holders for door prizes. Thanks Hooks! Cool… Hawger

Anonymous

Wow…

Jim W. FTR Field Staff Reporter/Pro-Staff says he’ll donate a day of guided stream fishing for Trout/Smallmouth to the winner for single largest fish caught. Thank you Jim, for you kindness and thoughts! This is a great plus to add to first place B-Fish-N Tackle prize if you happen to get a the biggest fish and it is a Walleye (you can see Jim Wermimont’s reports covering Trout/smallies for the Root River on FTR’s Report Archives listing).

Jim says hey…. it could be a perch or what ever…(but knowing Madison, it most likely would be a Sheephead! Right… ><‘”””;> LOL…..

Hawger

Anonymous

And a big thank you to…. Mudlnthru… who has just donated an Ultra Sonic Builge Pump Control to the biggest fish taken! He says it the winner is a tie, that he’ll make it two! You can see this at http://www.tmimarine.com and is a great alterinative to a conventional float switch for added protection.

Thanks much, come to think of it I am due to update my pump…. hum…. wonder if I can hook up with ole’ one-eye there by that rockpile and get me one of these new fangled switches… we’ll have ta see! LOL

Hawger

Anonymous

Hey Dave,

When I come down 35, do I head east or west on 60 and about how far off the interstate is the lake/town??

Anonymous

Head West on 60. Not sure exact Mileage, past Waseca. You’ll be turning North off of 60 after the highway splits into a 4 lane. There is a fairly obvious sign for Madison Lake. I’m Sure Dave will provide a more explicit route. Or try the Dnr’s mapping tool or excitemaps.com(?)

Look forward to meeting you there!

Keep the rods bendin’ and the flags flying!!

Jim W

Edited by Jim W on 11/29/01 04:05 PM.

Anonymous

60 W to Waterville, Elesian, then Madison Lake.

Hawger

Anonymous

Hey guys, Educate me on what kind of a bite you will find on Madison Lake, I mean equipment wise. Ice-poles , tip ups what kinds of baits , what kinds of fish, will you fish mainly for walleyes or is there a panfish bite? I haven’t ice fished MN. except on river backwater sloughs but you never know, if the weather is good I may show up. Thanks…..B

Anonymous

Big B,

I am going to try to locate a map I can post here and spend some time to get you guys on to this info you are asking for… hold tight. Hawger

Anonymous

hey hawg,

are there any boundries. Are houses, underwater cams and all the legal toys ok.

Anonymous

Gentelmens… let me confer with the boss….. opps… the wife is asleep! Hate to wake her to ask….She can be a bear! Have to get back with you on this tomorow. Ha. Hawger

Anonymous

Hey Guys count me in I know I don’t post much on the FTL but I would like to get to know some of you by face instead of just name.

thanks Nate

Anonymous

hawger,

Count me in for two. Also do we have to wait until 7am to punch holes? Would like to hit cow’s or the south point before sun up and at sundown but contest will be done by then.

Jigger2001

Anonymous

Sure, and you are welcome to come. See you there. Hawger

Anonymous

Yep, I talked it over with mom, and she said that’ll be fine.

No boundres, legal stuff and cams are ok…etc. Hawger

Anonymous

You are right, Jigger 2001…. lets fish this like real fishermen, and start off at midnight! This will make things much nore interesting. I think that FTR started their catfish thing early on their Get-together.

Anonymous

Hawger,

Mid night is a little early for my taste unless bobber shop has rentals out at that time. But want to see if we can pull out a Madison Mamouth that I here about ice fishing early and late. We’ ll show ya any fish before hand that is if we keep any.

Jigger2001

Anonymous

I have been watching the days go by… and I keep seeing ripples on the lakes, NO ICE…. I am starting to sweat here guys. I wonder if we’ll need oars instead of augers!

I ‘ll keep you posted, but right now it is two weeks away, and it does NOT look good. Ideas?

Hawger

Anonymous

As I sit here in a shirt and my FTL underwear [great brand hey] checking out both FTL and FTR it is raining and thundering outside. On Dec. 22nd even. Hawger, this must be down south [southern Mn.] ! Ha. The only ice I can find is in my freezer. Maybe have to do a open water one later? Easier to get the kids out in warmer weather? Bill

Anonymous

The cold front is here!!!!!!In 2 weeks we should have some great walking ice, unless we get too much snow.

Gonna have to sneak out on the Faribo lakes after xmas.

I live in Northfield, anyone have any good ice spots on Circle? I fish it lightly in the summer, because the bass on Cedar, Washington,and Madison are all screaming for a whipping!!!!LOL

Keep Dry All,

~~~~~alkfish

Anonymous

I have pounded the crappie on Circle a few times! Early ice can be good. Hawger

Anonymous

Hey Hawger, whats the ice report for Madison lake. Has anyone checked out the ice conditions there. Hook and I were talking about the trip today.

Anonymous

I am calling the area bait shop tomorow….Hawger

Anonymous

sunday madison had open water. The conditions will require alot of caution and the entire lake may not be accessible. Some of the area lakes-some smaller and shallower than madison still had open water weds. night 12-26. There are some anglers finding their way across ice which varies from 2 inches to 6 inches. A spud bar and a buddy are a must right now until conditions improve.

Be safe. A couple fish are not worth hypothermia or your life!

TGIF

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.