Lightning

• mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Anybody ever had a big bolt of lightning hit close by when they were sleeping? We Had a brief lightning storm go over last night that was unbelievable. I was asleep on the back porch and was woke up by the flash of light that came through the windows then Kaboom!!! and close by too. This lighting bolt hit something about 2 seconds away and i thought i’ve heard about every loud bolt there was but last night it was the big one. I’ve heard lighting hit in my sleep befor but this one made me jump atleast two times, this was a serious lightning bolt, mega loud and with alot of electricity and buzzing. What a total rush, dang!!! My wife said to me this moring did you hear that storm and said she was up and online and she about jumped out of her chair and jumped about 6″ or more. If i could have said anything i would have yelled it was that loud and it sounded like the windows were going to break they shook so much. Scared the geewilikers out of me and her and the fish i had hooked in my sleep got away too! Lightning’s serious stuff!

fireman731
    Miles, Iowa

Was sitting in the living room a few years back during a storm and a bolt jumped out of my neighbors front door step, threw a 12″ round chunk of cement out of the step, his whole front yard looked like somebody took a golf club and chopped divits all over. Let me tell you my whole living room was a blue then yellowish orange flash…no time for sound. I jumped up off the couch about 3 feet and the dog was on my lap shaking like a leaf. The large maple tree out front of my neighbors house had bark peeled loose all the way to the top on the side next to the house. Way way too close for comfort ! The tree has since died !

captnkeno
    MN

In 1984 I was at the Mn state fair and witnessed a lightning strike near machinery hill. It struck a 3′ diameter tree that had 3 people seeking shelter underneath, from the rain. Put one in critical condition (not sure of outcome) the other in serious condition and the flash/boom were simutaneous and nothing short of incredible. I couldn’t hear for a week. Fortunately we were 20-30 yards away………. dam that was one of my 9-lives…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.