Got out of Honeydoo list!! Winni here I come…

• roosterrouster
    Inactive
    The "IGH"...

My loving and understanding wife gave me the weekend off to join a friend and his son to head up to Winni Sat/Sun. Are the fish still in the usual haunts meaning 10′-12′ FOW or have they moved out at all to mid lake structure? I fished Stoney opening week and couldn’t keep em’ off my hook! Anyone have any insight as to if they are still shallow? Thanks, RR…

chappy
    Hastings, MN

ROOSTER….Go to the Winni forum. There are some tips there. Was there last weekend and off Stoney, Little stoney they were hitting, but not real fast. We dragged leeches in 17-26 FOW off Sugar to get ours. Biggest went 28″ by Warrior Riv on Crawler. One tip I will share though…. The longer the snell ,the more bites you got! That and don’t expect a tap,tap,tap,….It’s more of a pull and not move, like a snag!

roosterrouster
    Inactive
    The "IGH"...

Thanks Chappy!!!RR

Pig-hunter
    Southern Minnesota

I would look to the midlake humps and bars. Especially the first ones just out from the normal opener/May areas.

DasBoot3
    St Peter MN

I’ll look for ya there!
    Boat and truck are packed and the bros and I will be heading for Winni in the a.m.

We will be at Joe Thompsons 4 Seasons resort for a week and doing some fish slaying and beer consumption. Nothing like being gone for a week with the boys.
    If you see a Red Crestliner Sportfish 1850 with a white Evinrude – give us a wave and any hot tips you get.
    DB3

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.