Green Lake

• Anonymous

We fished Green Lake near Spicer on Monday and did very well on walleyes. They were in 32 feet of water hitting redtails fished with Lindy Rig type set ups and about 5 foot long snells and just plain hooks. We kept 9 for the two of us, lost at least a half dozen, and only threw one back because it was small. I wish we did not loose that many, but the minnows we were using were big and if you horse them too much, you pull them out. But the fish we did catch were very nice. In the 15″ – 22″ range. Beautiful.

We also caught a dandy smallmouth. It went about 4 pounds and he was deep as well. In fact, my brother went out the next day, did not catch more than two walleyes, but caught 3 more beauty smallmouths by accident. One he said went maybe 5 pounds. It sounds like Green Lake is becoming one of the better smallmouth lakes in the state. Lets keep it that way.

Anonymous

Skodak,

I have recently(last couple of years) been fishing Green lake> What an awesome lake! This Spring a friend and I just nailed the smallmouth on and around spawning beds! Wonderful site fsihing!! I too have had some good luck with the walleyes as well. Usually around the “LOne Tree” Bar is where I focus most of my attention. How about you guys? Next time, try considering Circle hooks. The work pretty good with larger minnows/.shiners on rigs!!! What time of day did you have most of your action?

Keep the rods bendin’!!!

JIm W

Anonymous

We were actually out on the Southwest side of the lake…kind of in front of the beach area…but a ways out. There is a bar out there that gradually drops to 35 feet. We have always done well there, and the fish are usually a little bit bigger.

Never fished Lone Tree, but have Hultgren’s bar out in the middle…where it is about 2 feet deep in the middle of the lake then drops way down. There are lots of fish around that one. The day we were there was too windy for that side of the lake.

We caught those fish from 10am to 1pm. They bit pretty hard, but I should note that all had empty stomachs so the lake must have just turned over and the fish are just starting to put the feed bag on.

Anonymous

Arrrgh!! I wish I could get up there this weekend!! Maybe I can squeeeeze her in next weekend!!!

Good luck!!

Jim W

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.