Fall Bass

• Anonymous

Now I know most of you are eye guys and I am when I get the chance to get on a good eye body of water. I was wondering if anyone has been catching any bucket mouths the last couple of weeks. I have been out a bit and the bite has been terribly SLOW. Even the slimmers have seemed to shut off for a while. Maybe the lake is turning over. Who knows. Anyway, just wondering if anyone else is having the same problems or if this is an isolated incident. Thanks eveyone.

Anonymous

fishhunter,

What is the name of the body of water you are fishing and someone should be able to help you out and give you some pointers on whats been happening on the particular body of water you are fishing on.

Dustin

Anonymous

I am fishing on Big Carnelian. It is just north of stillwater a ways! Thanks.

Anonymous

Fishhunter,

I live in the Annandale area and fish Clearwater lake. Even though it’s not Big Carnelian, I have been getting the bass consistently for the past 3 weeks by fishing steep drops with a small (4″) worm on a 1/8 ounce jig head. The fish have been located at the base of the drops, but they are moving up shallower around low-light periods. These areas I am fishing now are the same ones I use in the summer, points and humps with good weed beds and access to deep water. Also, towards dusk I switch over to big spinnerbaits and move to shallow areas that still have weed beds. Hope this helps. JonN

Anonymous

I also fish Clearwater a lot. Don’t be afraid to work the deep weed lines with jigs or cranks. They were still both effectice as recently as this past weekend. I also fished O’Dowd and found the fish there to be in 5′-8′ off the fallen timber.

Mike Finke

Mike Finke Outdoors

(612) 210-5937

Anonymous

Thanks for all the tips guys. Maybe my problem is that I was fishing like I was this spring. Couldn’t buy a bite last weekend though. I will have to give it another try this weekend. I might have to hit the mighty St. Croix, I hear the pigs are starting to bite!

Thanks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.