Workout Advice: RiverPro Powerlifting.

• asdfasdf

BEND AT THE KNEES AND NOT AT THE BACK when spending 2 hours trying to push and pull your boat off a big rubble bar on the Apple River. Spent part of yesterday on the Croix fishing, the other part I spend lifting.

MAN IS MY BACK SORE THIS MORNING

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Just imagine how your boat feels….

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

So, maybe I don’t want to fish with you. Although I would be kind enough to move the myself and the cooler to the opposite side while you lift.

chico-diablo
    New Richmond, WI

Let’s see Ice Bergs and then getting stuck in the spring, I do not know if I would go out with you, kinda rough on boats aren’t ya.

gary_wellman
    South Metro

So, you going to change the name of the boat to: “Broke Back Mack”?????

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Mack you’re in better shape than me…but advil works wonders… Sounds like you backed off on the throttle.

RP’s and 4-wheel drives have that in common…they’ll go most anywhere…but when they get stuck….

Winch, 6 foot rod and a 2 lb hammer. Much easier on the back.

Did you get any fish???

waterfowler99
    Midwest

name change “shallow minded” to “bend over”

Bob Bowman
    MN

Were you wearing that pink dress………..STUD

haywood04
    Winona, Minnesota

Quote:

So, you going to change the name of the boat to: “Broke Back Mack”?????

G-man,
    Nice!

DeeZee
    Champlin, Mn

They sure aren’t as light as they look…..
    I now carry a “come along” and lots of rope!

Its amazing where fish live these days…..

theduck

Can you imagine seeing the boat at the ramp with a winch on the front end. I would think people would be asking some questions.

Bob Bowman
    MN

I think it may be time for Blue to do some new decals for the back of the boat ” PREPARATION H “

StaleMackrel

Hi, I am a retired strength and conditioning teacher. I have certifications dating back to 1982 from the National Strength and Conditioning Association and Nautilus as a cetrtified personal trainer. Anyway I say that to let you know that I have credibility in what I am going to tell you and others. “Bending at the knees and lifting is most often missused or missinterpeted. Whether doing a squat in weight training or lifting on an everyday basis the secret to not hurting your back is this, “always stick your butt back before going down to lift”! A double check is that if you bend down to lift and your heels are off the ground you are wrong. Your back will bear the brunt of the lift. Sit back first while bending at the waist (just like going on the toilet seat to do your business) in other words break at the hips first and then the knees. I hope this will help you in the future with lifting and picking up things and I hope other people will read and do this. Isn’t this a great web site!

KevinTurner
    MO & MN

Been there, done that…many times.

I feel your (back) pain….

I’ve got a new, light weight, 70 HP LoPro coming out. It won’t be near as hard to push off the rocks…

fishahollik
    South Range, WI

I’d be getting me one of them portable warn winches. Or stronger fishing buddies.

DeeZee
    Champlin, Mn

Quote:

I’ve got a new, light weight, 70 HP LoPro coming out. It won’t be near as hard to push off the rocks…

Hey, Hey, Hey……..Lets hear more about this Kevin?

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

“I am going to pump you up”

Every time I think of Mack pushing that boat off the sandbar, I think of that quote.

Ron

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.