I Graduated

• Fife
    Ramsey, MN

While most of you were out fishing Saturday, I was inside a college gym. I graduated from Southwest Minnesota State University with a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing. My 4 years went by very fast there. I want to thank my family, friends, and IDA. Without the IDA reports, I wouldn’t have made it more than a month down there. I have some special parents too. My Dad traded in the normal Mille Lacs Opener tradition and instead pulled the boat down for graduation. Determined, myself, Dad, and brother snuck out after the ceremony and put some time in on the water. We were only able to boat 4 crappies, but it was still fun to be on the water.

The job search is still in full force. I have a labor job for the summer, but that is not the long term plan. I received a big slap in the face on Saturday when I found out my health insurance ran out the second I got my diploma.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Congrats Dan!!

Welcome to the reel world, not more two week Xmas vacations etc…

pool13_jeff
    NW, IL

Congratulations Dan!! Way to go!

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Congrats. Now get to work.

dan-larson
    Cedar, Min-E-So-Ta

Fun’s over, good luck traveling the rut that is the rest of your life. Just kidding, congratulations, hope the labor market rewards you nicely.

bassandbucks
    Wisconsin

Congratulations on a fantastic accomplishment. Now the College loan people will hound you for the next 10 years. Good luck on the Job Search.

packingheat
    Reads Landing Mn

congrat’s, good that you got some time out with you dad

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Congrats Fife

skhartke
    Somerset, WI

You’ve now reached the point in your life when quarter taps on a Tuesday night from 9-12 become a bad idea.
    CONGRATS!!!

luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

Congrats!!
    My wife just graduated from the U of I on saturday.. She also graduated from the business college, with a marketing major. I am trying to talk her into getting her masters so she can support my fishing habit..

However, she actually is the boss, and has informed me, I will be going back to school this fall, to finish my degree. Oh well, this won’t be too bad, as I will have a lot of fishing time on my hands…
    “Honey, I am going to the library to study..”..right..

diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

Well Done and congrats.

Some of the best times in my life were in undergrad and graduate schools.

Always look back with fond memories. Now you will get a job, make some money, spend more on fishing gear, and wish you were back in college .

Again congrats.

Derek

emover
    Malcom, IA

Congrats2 bigfife
    1st on the degree, and 2nd on getting out fishing

dave

fishman1
    Dubuque, Iowa

A huge congratulations on graduating. Now comes the fun stuff. Best of luck in the job search. Try to find one that leaves your weekends open for the outdoors.

Eyehunter

hooks
    Crystal, Mn.

Congrats!

Knowledge can never be taken away from you once gained.

One of my favorite teachers alway had a saying I still use til this day when it comes to answering technical questions……………..”you don’t have to remember everything, you just have to remember where to find the information when you need it”

emover
    Malcom, IA

I always paraphrased it;
    It’s not so much that you know what you need to know, but rather that you know who to ask to find what you need to know.

dave

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

Congrats. It is a great feeling to get all that behind you

Now on the the fun part, getting a job, and learning about the real world

Good Luck

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Quote:

Knowledge can never be taken away from you once gained.

Hooks, You know fife
    A couple and he knows everything.

I will pay for that one won’t I Dan.

Congratulations Dan!!
    First one is on me.

Ron

oldbear
    State Center, Iowa

A big Congratulations there and I’m proud of you for acknowledging your family and friends.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

CONGRATS
    Thanks, Bill

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Thanks everyone for the words of encouragment. No insurance, finding a job, and loan consolidation: reality is here. Anyone have advice or a connection for loan consolidation?

muskie freak
    MN, Hastings

congats wisky girl did too on on monday

jh55429
    Crystal, MN

Congrats Dan.

Don’t worry about joining the real world too soon!!! Take a summer off and get out fishing a lot. I did last summer and it was great.

Josh Hukriede

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.