How to get glue off boat??

• birddog
    Mn.

When my rig came back from Ranger it was covered with shrink wrap. The hull and windshield has a sticky “glue” on it. What do you guys recommend using to get it off? I have some Goo Gone and will try it tomorrow unless has a better idea??

BIRDDOG

BIRDDOG

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

Did you try hot water and soap. Some of the shrinkwrap glues are water soluble. I would really be careful with the windsheild and what you use on it. Polycarbonate can be eaten up really easily with some products.

charlie_heiman
    Randolph, MN

is the windshield plastic or glass? If glass, goo gone should work. If plastic, i strongly suggesting not using goo gone. i had a trail pass sticker on my snowmobiles windshield and peeled it off, tried to remove the glue off with goo gone or goof off (can’t remember which), but it ate a top layer of the windhield and was completely cloudy.

With plastic windshields, i have good luck use a high concentrate of dawn and hot water, usually cleans it up, otherwise try a glass cleaner. Usually have luck w/ both.

Good Luck

birddog
    Mn.

It’s glass, not to concerned with getting it off the windshield, it’s the hull that’s got my attention. I’ll give hot water/soap a shot first and see how it goes from there. Thanks

BIRDDOG

mnfan
    Rochester MN

Years ago I had worked at a boat dealership & acetone comes to mind for removing adhesives? As with most products, probably best to try in a small area first.

big_g
    Isle, MN

When removing dealer nameplates/stickers from trade-ins, we use acetone at our car dealership. works fast, and leaves no residue. then just soap and water to clean up.

big g

mb757
    Dodgeville, WI

You might want to try some WD40 it doesn’t seem to be as harsh as acetone.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.