Something to think about

• cougareye
    Hudson, WI

L. Ripper: That’s kinda the catch-22 isn’t it? We don’t want people protesting by burning the flag but we all value our rights to disagree with the government without persecution. It’s how it all started didn’t it?

I don’t disagree with you guys, its just that every time you try and say I wish they didn’t protest that way or I wish a certain group of people learned English or whatever….you end up bumping up against the very freedoms that make this country great!

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Cougar, Like I said not my place to debate, but I believe the people that are burning the American flag are the same people that are here ILLEGALLY and not US Citizens. So I believe those people should not have any right. You would have to believe in a lot of countries around the world if you were there illegally,protesting, and burning “Their” flag you just might end up dead lying in the street.

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

I’m confused! I read in a previous post that you were talking about the folks here legally and now US citizens!
    Anyhow, I don’t disagree with the sentiment, and no, illegals that are here should not be a political force! Kinda like me trying to tell the MN legislators how to vote on the stadium!!

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Got one illegal off the street yesterday morning. I was heading out the door to go fishing about 6:00am. I let my dogs out and my 8 month old pup went to the front yard and was barking his head off at the paper man. Yep, paper boys are extinct. So I go to the front of the house and the paper man is swearing at my pup. My pup is in my yard and this guy was speaking russian or ukraine? I dont get the paper and this guy has no reason to be yelling at me or my dog. So I tell my pup to come back into the house and the guy starts coming at my pup. So I ran outside and the guy pulled something from his pocket. I thought it was mace and told the guy he’d pretty much delivered his last paper if he maced my pup. I walk up to the guy and he opened his hand and unfolded a large Buck knife and starts waving it at me. I had my cell on me and called the police and they were there in seconds and arrested this guy who the police verfifed was illegal. He was out doing a job “most people dont want to do” give me a break..

big_g
    Isle, MN

Cool Derek…well,,,, Kinda…. you did your good deed for the day !!!

big g

big_g
    Isle, MN

Maybe Andy did not say this, but you can bet he feels it !!! Along with billions of others. Doesn’t change the meaning.

big g

Willeye
    La Crosse, WI

Quote:

So I ran outside and the guy pulled something from his pocket. I thought it was mace and told the guy he’d pretty much delivered his last paper if he maced my pup. I walk up to the guy and he opened his hand and unfolded a large Buck knife and starts waving it at me.

Wow! I guess I will quit complaining when my paper guy just throws the paper in the grass instead of on the driveway. It could be worse.

krisko
    Durand, WI

I said I would try to find something from Robin Williams. Is it his words, I’m not sure but here are more feelings of some Americans.

You gotta love Robin Williams……
    Even if he’s nuts! Leave it to Robin
    Williams to come up with the perfect
    plan. What we need now is for our
    UN Ambassador to stand up and
    repeat this message.

Robin Williams’ plan…(Hard to
    argue with this logic!)

“I see a lot of people yelling for peace
    but I have not heard of a plan for
    peace. So, here’s one plan.”

1) “The US will apologize to the world for our “interference” in their affairs, past & present. You know, Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin, Tojo, Noriega, Milosevic, Hussein, and the rest of those “good ‘ole’ boys”, we will never “interfere” again.

2) We will withdraw our troops from all over the world, starting with Germany, South Korea, the Middle East, and the Philippines. They don’t want us there. We would station troops at our borders. No one allowed sneaking through holes in the fence.

3) All illegal aliens have 90 days to get their affairs together and leave.We’ll give them a free trip home. After 90 days the remainder will be gathered up and deported immediately, regardless of whom or where they are. They’re illegal!!! France will welcome them.

4) All future visitors will be thoroughly checked and limited to 90 days unless given a special permit!!!! No one from a terrorist nation will be allowed in. If you don’t like it there, change it yourself and don’t hide here. Asylum would never be available
    to anyone. We don’t need any more cab drivers or 7-11 cashiers.

5) No foreign “students” over age 21. The older ones are the bombers. If they don’t attend classes, they get a “D” and it’s back home baby.

6) The US will make a strong effort
    to become self-sufficient energy wise. This will include developing nonpolluting sources of energy but will require a temporary drilling of oil in the Alaskan wilderness. The caribou will have to cope for a while .

7) Offer Saudi Arabia and other oil producing countries $10 a barrel for their oil. If they don’t like it, we go someplace else. They can go somewhere else to sell their production. (About a week of the wells filling up the storage sites would be enough.)

8) If there is a famine or other natural catastrophe in the world, we will not “interfere.” They can pray to Allah or whomever, for seeds, rain, cement or whatever they need. Besides most of what we give them is stolen or given
    to the army. The people who need
    it most get very little, if anything.

9) Ship the UN Headquarters to an isolated island someplace. We don’t need the spies and fair weather friends here. Besides, the building would make a good homeless shelter or lockup for illegal aliens.

10) All Americans must go to charm and beauty school. That way, no one can call us “Ugly Americans” any longer. The Language we speak is ENGLISH…learn it…or LEAVE…Now, isn’t that a winner of a plan?

“The Statue of Liberty is no longer
    saying “Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses.” She’s got a baseball bat and she’s yelling, ‘you want a piece of me?’ “

Again these may not be my feelings, but well ya know….

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

I am all for imigratation to the US, as long as they are bikini clad supermodels.

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.