Lets talk boats boys……

• Greenju

alright….looking for a boat…nothing to expensive…but nothing cheap…atleast a 17 footer with a 70 horse on it….thats the smallest i would go

what kind of boat am i looking for…lowe? lund? tracker?

what do you all think??

TBOMN11
    Circle Pines, MN

The one that best fits your needs. That is always the “best” one.

shaley
    Milford IA

I have an Alumacraft 175 Trophy, with a 75 on it, it does everything I ask it to do.

shayla

My advise would be to click on the little box that says “Boat Dealers” in the upper left of your screen. Once you do that, click on the link to the manufacturer’s site and browse through their on-line brochure. Find a boat or two that appeals to your interest and call the dealer. See if he has one in stock, go look at it, and hopefully you will bring one home with you….don’t forget to bring your receiver hitch with you. Good Luck…lots of choices out there, good news is they all make good boats!

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

You’re about to get so many different answers you’ll have more questions when your done than when you started.

If you give us more specifics about your situation you’ll get more relevant answers. What waters do you fish? What type of fishing do you do? What is your budget? Will you use the boat for fishing only, or will it be used to take the family for a spin too?

impalapower
    Madison, WI

Quote:

You’re about to get so many different answers you’ll have more questions when your done than when you started.

I’ll second that one. I wanted a tiller, everyone said to get a console. Got a tiller anyway and I’m glad I did. I have a 17 ft Lund Exlporer with Yamaha 75 and 6 four strokes. Lots of room, great for some larger lakes, was trolling with the bowmount through some water at 1’6″ deep. My choice in aluminum boats is Lund and Alumacraft. Have fun shopping, you’ll find what you want but it may take til next fall.

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Alumacraft and Yamaha may still be running the rebate sale.

Check out the Navigator 175 with a 75 Yamaha 4-Stroke.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I was down in Redwing a couple weeks ago talking with Paul from Marine Specialties.

I was impressed with there line of G3 boats. I forgot where you live, but you might want to take a rode trip…ask for Paul (the good guy in the white hat) and mention your from IDA..(wink wink…)

I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised in a number of ways.

PS Did I mention I run a Lund?

steve-fellegy
    Resides on the North Shores of Mille Lacs--guiding on Farm Island these days

Feel free to call anytime and discuss your boat buying questions. Leave your number if you miss me.

Steve Fellegy
    NPAA #49
    218-678-3103

Kevin J Dobbs
    La Crosse. WI

I just traded in 2 16 ft Lunds for a 17 foot Lowe Fish and ski. My Daughter can go tubing now an I can enjoy Downrigging and fishing bigger water.I love Alumacrafts but I just couldn’t come up with the extra dollars for the trophy or Navigator. The Lowe is a deep v 17’3inches and 93 beam.I bought it from Cabella’s and surprising as it seems they gave me the most for my trade ins.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.