DIGITAL CAMERAS

• HOOKSET
    Strum Wisconsin 40 Mi North of Pool 4

I KNOW WE HAVE TALKED ABOUT THIS BEFORE BUT I`M GOING TO BUY MY FIRST DIGITAL CAMERA AND WAS LOOKING FOR INFO ON , NUMBER OF MP,WHATS GOOD ON THE WATER,ECT , ECT.

starkj25

Hey i asked the same question, most of the people on here recommended me to get the kodak easy share. So i got it and i love it, I got the one that is 4.0 mp with 3x optical zoom, it is around $150, i went to AZ for spring break and it took excellent pictures
    thanks to everyone who told me to get this
    It is also very easy to use on your computer

bigJeff
    Twin Cities, Minnesota

Best bet is to go to a well known camera shop and tell them what you needs are. They will be able to steer you in the right direction. Some places offer classes to show you how to operate digital cameras. If you are using it in the boat, get one that is at least sealed.
    Good luck!

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

A couple years ago I bought a Olympus Stylus 400 4mp. The main reason that I bought the camera is because it was the only one I could find that was weatherproof. It has rubber seals around everything. I have had no problems with it but i think that it was a little short on the different modes for different light conditions. The Stylus cameras that Olympus has out now are still weatherproof and they have many more modes to choose from for different light conditions. The new Stylus 800 would be the one to go with over the new 600. The 800 is a 6mp.

MikeRyan

Canons Power Shot S80 is the way to go, why do I say that? I do some semi-pro work and reserched all easy shoot cameras which also offer some advanced setting just in case I would need them, but the S80 is not cheapy, cheapy.

Cheers,
    Mike

col._klink
    St Paul

Spend some money and get a better camera. 5 mp or higher is way better than the cheapy ones. You pay for what you get. I own a Fugi Finpix with 5.5 mp and that camera is tiny. Fits right in your shirt pocket and takes some wonderful pictures. $400 will get you a great camera.

chippee
    sw wi

also buy a charger and some rechargeable batteries you will be surprised at how fast your batteries will die, at least i was

ggoody
    Mpls MN

You don’t need anything bigger than 2 Megapixel unfortunatly you won’t be able to find one because of the free market society we live in…lol

I would suggest a Canon A410 it’s a 3 Megapixel and it’s $119 and Walmart right now.

I use this Camera and it takes Better pictures than most of the bigger Megapixel camera’s that we are being scammed into buying more Megapixels does not mean better pictures and a lot of the time they are much WORSE.

I still print a lot of 8×10’s with my 2 megapixel camera.

It’s tough to beat Canon optics they dominate this segment of the market going away.

Good Luck.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.