Fueling up your boat S. Side of LaCrosse

• scott942
    Prairie du Chien, Wisconsin

I’m planning a trip with some friends this summer to La Crosse by boat.(yes, I have friends ) Anyone know good places to get gas for your boat on the S. side before you get into the main town? We’re not familiar with the river in that area so any references on places to get maps/brochures would be apreciated.

Thanks!

Scott

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

There are a number of gas stations on the south side of lacrosse. Our family uses the Kwik Trip on the South end of Mormun Coulee Road next to wal-mart..Plenty of places to fuel up.

fishahollik
    South Range, WI

I think he means ON the river Cade. I know Blackhawk park has gas, then Lawrence lake Marina north of Brownsville. I think the marina on the west side of the channel just before the big blue bridges has gas.

scott942
    Prairie du Chien, Wisconsin

You’re right, Fishahollik, I mean ON the river. Thanks for the suggestions. Are the prices all pretty much the same? I know they’re probably going to be high. I heard something about Goose Island having gas. Is that right?

Scott

fishahollik
    South Range, WI

Yeah, they may have it too, I am not sure but unless you know the sloughs, its tough to get from the main channel to Goose and back. Not sure on prices, I know last summer lawrence lake was about the same as kwik trip.

Willeye
    La Crosse, WI

Quote:

I heard something about Goose Island having gas. Is that right?

There is no gas at Goose. I think the muni harbor would be the southernmost on the water gas in LAX.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.