bow fishing / need help with set-up

• hoistafish1
    Long Prairie,MN

Being disabled I bow hunt with a cross-bow, is there anything on the market to attach to cross-bow or do I need to fab. something. Is it even possible to do, because of the way that the bow string rides on the rail?

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

Not sure about the set up. And I am not an expert. But my first concern would be the additional velocity that a cross bow provides. Make sure you take that into account if you manufacture somthing.

putz
    Cottage Grove, Minn

Good question hf. I was just thinking about carp hunting with my crossbow also. So far I haven’t found any short arrows set up for fishing.

fishman1
    Dubuque, Iowa

You may want to check with your cross bow manufacturer to see if it is possible or recommended. I’ve never seen a fiberglass fish bolt. Fishing arrows are really heavy compared to regular arrows because they are solid fiberglass. For bowfishing I have found that a lightweight (+/- 25Lb draw) recurve bow works the best as you do not need a ton of draw strength. Maybe somebody makes a crossbow just for bowfishing.

Eyehunter

muskyman
    Arkansaw, Wisconsin

I know of a few guys who are pretty big into bowfishing and they suggest the Genesis by Mathews. Reason being
    1) it has variable draw lengths
    2) it is very easy to pull back
    3) the reason for the light draw weights is, you have to remember you are shooting in shallow water and with a higher poundage bow it will pass thru the fish and stick into any piece of wood it hits very deeply, which will result in many donations of arrows to the bottom of the lake.

cet
    Western Wisconsin

There is a man named Fred at F+D Archery in Osseo WI that can probably set you up with about anything you want. He has a pantent on an archery bowfishing rest and bowfishes all over the country. Phone is 715-597-2022
    Good Luck

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.