Strangest food combinations!!

• ederd
    Northeast Iowa, Randalia

Since the ice isn’t safe to fish on down here and it’s to cold for open water fishing I was wondering what strange food combinations members eat. For example I like peanutbutter and sweetpickle sandwiches, also peanutbutter, bologna, and lettuce sandwich, but my all time favorite is saltine crackers, crushed, with milk like cereal. So lets hear your strange food combinations.

Ed

emover
    Malcom, IA

Ed,
    I don’t do this often, or I’d be bigger than I already am , but I have been known to enjoy a peanut butter, mayo, and sharp cheddar cheese sandwich.

dave

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I don’t mind chocolate with beer. I like Mohawk limberger cheese spread on crackers. It’s not really a combo but I have yet to meet anyone outside of my wifes family that likes it. They got me hooked on it years ago.

emover
    Malcom, IA

My dentist cringes, but frozen snickers and ice cold beer finished many a day with that supper at about 1AM as a young pup

dave

waterfowler99
    Midwest

2 pieces of white bread buttered
    ham, salted & peppered
    crushed up ruffles on it
    emmmm, i think i’ll have one

brian_peterson
    Eagan, MN

I’ve been known to start out with some veggies(bloody Mary). Then go right into a pork chop (Budweiser). Sometimes together.

nkrista88
    MN

Mac n’ Cheese w/ Ketchup – and when I was a kid it had hotdogs and corn mixed in with it also

ederd
    Northeast Iowa, Randalia

I have a cousin who put ketchup in navy bean soup.

crosby-stick
    Crosby MN

ripple chips, banana yum yum brunswieger and raw onion sandwitch

emover
    Malcom, IA

guilty, cornbread, ketchup and fresh chopped onions

dave

dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

I remember the best breakfast I had ever had… It was back in my college days… and after a whole night of partying at a freind’s Dorm. A roomate of his had a “life time supply” of cocoa roos (generic cocoa puffs). And another of his roomates… that guys mother had made him and his roomates a pot full of chili. When we woke in the morning… with a hangover like you wouldn’t believe… nothing went down better.

Now, I know what you are thinking… and no, we did not substitute the milk for the chili. It was more of a… bite of roos, bite of chili. bite of roos, bite of chili.

I have no idea how I kept from losing all the contents of my stomach later that morning… but I have to say that, for some reason… it really hit the spot after the night before.

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

I am with emover and NKrista!!! Always have ketchup on my mac and cheese, though isn’t that what Chef Boy-ar-dee (sp.) was all about?? I would still have to vote for the peanut butter and mayo sandwich or is it salad dressing???

Mark

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

Quote:

I’ve been known to start out with some veggies(bloody Mary). Then go right into a pork chop (Budweiser). Sometimes together.

I was going to say I sometimes like to drink beer with beer

putz
    Cottage Grove, Minn

Peanut butter, strawberry jelly, and deer sausage sandwich washed down with a beer and home made tomato juice followed by a chocolate chip cookie. MMM-mmm.

rick-robinson
    Dundee, Iowa

Peanut butter and green pepper sandwich with butter

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

A glass of milk, and as many graham crackers as it takes to make the milk disappear.

muskyman
    Arkansaw, Wisconsin

Now I don’t feel so strange when I have my mac and cheese with ketchup! I do have a buddy that dips his fried chicken in ketchup. Oh I almost forgot I like raw hamburger with slightly seared hamburger too

chamberschamps
    Mazomanie, WI

Tomato soup and cheerios, the more cheerios the better. The farts the next day are incredible too, not for quality but for quantity and volume

sallie

Peanut Butter sandwich with dill pickles and lettuce.
    The best.

ironheadr5
    Northeast, Iowa

Pancakes with peanut butter….

Pickeled fish, Ritz crackers and a BUD SELECT…

Ironhead

emover
    Malcom, IA

Quote:

A glass of milk, and as many graham crackers as it takes to make the milk disappear.

Tuck,
    I have contended for many years that is one of the best things about kids, (and I hope soon he’ll be old enough)grandkids. Parents then have a reason(excuse) to enjoy graham crackers and milk

dave

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Has anyone ever heard of eating a steak, grilled medium-rare?
    How about a deep fried walleye?
    Maybe BBQ ribs?

This is all about as bad as a buddy of mine who takes Totino’s cheap pizza, puts it between 2 slices of buttered bread and makes a sandwhich out of it……

I think it is time to go home and enjoy my wife’s cooking!!!!

hof
    Rochester, MN

Mac and cheese with hot salsa! YUM!

Mike

ederd
    Northeast Iowa, Randalia

I also like chocolate covered cherries and beer, my grandpa used to do that all the time, must be the norwegian in me.

zimmy101
    Hager City Wisconsin

Quote:

I remember the best breakfast I had ever had… It was back in my college days… and after a whole night of partying at a freind’s Dorm. A roomate of his had a “life time supply” of cocoa roos (generic cocoa puffs). And another of his roomates… that guys mother had made him and his roomates a pot full of chili. When we woke in the morning… with a hangover like you wouldn’t believe… nothing went down better.

Now, I know what you are thinking… and no, we did not substitute the milk for the chili. It was more of a… bite of roos, bite of chili. bite of roos, bite of chili.

I have no idea how I kept from losing all the contents of my stomach later that morning… but I have to say that, for some reason… it really hit the spot after the night before.

You didn’t have a funny smellin cigarette passed around prior to your roos and chili did ya?????

blufloyd

Dated a girl who ate peanut butter by dipping fritos in it. She lived on that stuff. I can still smell her breath.

rkd-jim
    Fountain City, WI.

Does anyone eat “TIGER MEAT” anymore. For those of you who don’t know what it is, it’s raw ground round mixed with a whole lot of onions, salt and another whole lot of black pepper. Put that on a saltine cracker with a few bottles of your favorite brew, and the wife will definately not put her head under the blankets without some help

JCK
    nora springs ia floyd

Macaroni and cheese with salsa and macaroni with tomato soup

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

You guys aren’t too far off the edge of this world, as the saltine crackers and milk and graham crackers and milk are fairly common, as is Mac and cheese with ketchup. I used to think my sister was the only peanut butter and mayo sandwich eater so it’s nice to see she’s not alone!

Here comes a list!

Hot Dogs……… with dill pickles and ranch dressing. This is one of MANY variations I’ve used. Also, if it works on a dog, it works with a brat too!

“Skippy” Burgers……. peanut butter mixed into the pattie and cooked.

Apples……….. dipped in peanut butter.

Cashews and baby dill pickles.

Potato Chips………. dipped in ketchup.

Any cake or fruit pie…… crumbled and eaten in a bowl of Half ‘N’ Half.

Smoked oysters (or mussels), saltine cracker, and Horseradish……… REAL horsradish.

Radish and mayo sandwich.

Cucumber on any meat sandwich.

Any sandwich, dipped in soup of your choice. It’s all Good!!!

Canned peas, fresh smoked ham, cubed, parmesan cheese, black pepper and paprika. Heat and serve!

Fried egg sandwich with ketchup and mayo! Watch out for the yolk!

Hash Browns or fried potatos and ketchup and/or sour cream. Either one solo or mixed together…… it’s all good!

French fries and taco sauce.

Chocolate dipped strawberries.

“Captain’s Daughter” buried in equal parts OJ and Beer (10 oz. each… I think). This was referred to as a “Leinie’s Lunchbox”.

Sprinkled cinnamon on chicken.

Shredded white bread (buttered optional), covered w/ apple sauce of choice, smothered in a bowl of Half ‘n’ Half.

Any unsweetened breakfast serial, substitute Half ‘n Half for milk! WOW!!! Even better if you add peaches!

Sprinkling parmesan, black and red pepper, and garlic salt over any frozen pizza. Adds a little life to the cardboard overtones. The same stuff really jazzes up Ramen noodles too.

Saurkraut and bratwurst pizza.

It’s possible I could come up with more but I feel like I’m running out of “lesser known” things.

Oh yeah…….. Sausage, mushroom, double pineapple with extra cheese pizza. The world thinks Canadian Bacon and pineapple are the best match on a pizza but if you try this combo, it won’t have a prayer at staying your favorite pineapple/pizza combo.

“And that’s……….. GOOD EATIN’!!!”

tony_p
    Waterloo, IA

Peanut butter and ham sandwich,also peanutbutter and marshmellow grilled like a grilled cheese.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.