Do we have any scrapbookers or stampers here?

• fisher sherry
    Minneapolis

Hey!! I was just wondering if any of you guys have wives or significant others who scrapbook or stamp? Heck, maybe some of you guys do? I know there are alot of awesome male scrapbookers out there.

I have been scrapping and stamping for about 5 years now. I also make cards. And I was sitting here today wishing I knew more people who shared the same interests as me, and Dave said I should post on here and see if anyone replies. So… come out, come out where ever you are!! I want to hear from ya.

fisher sherry
    Minneapolis

Rubber Stamping. Its a craft that alot of people use in scrapbooking and making handmade greeting cards.

pool13_jeff
    NW, IL

Sherry my wife has scrapbooked for years. She has an entire room for scrapbooking only. I couldn’t tell you everything she has or does. I know a few years ago, I counted her pairs of scissors and she had 82. She used to sell SU, but recently got out of it. I think she must have purchased everything they sold, so she stopped.

One time, she saw me painting jigs (powder paint) and she used an embosser to heat the jigs, and it worked so well, I bought my own.

cherilovell
    Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin

I scrapbook and stamp

See, I do do something other then fish……

jenn
    Northeast Wisconsin

Wish I could have an entire room for it!
    Yes Sherry I try to fit it in there….but time is always hard to find…..I’m sooooooooo behind on updating our books..

fisher sherry
    Minneapolis

Hi Jeff! I am impressed you knew all of that!!! lol You’re even using the lingo “SU”. Whatta guy! And, yes, those embossing heat guns are good for lots of things.

I dream of having my own scrapbooking room… someday.

fisher sherry
    Minneapolis

Hi Cheri!! I knew you did! How have you been??

fisher sherry
    Minneapolis

Hi Jenn!! I know where you’re coming from. I’m a sahm, so you would think I could get lots of scrapping done, but I don’t. lol

cherilovell

Quote:

Hi Cheri!! I knew you did! How have you been??

Ya, I know you knew, just wanted to add my 2 cents…..
    Been better. I have two more chemo treatments this week and then I am done. Been pretty much confined to the bed but every now and then I can get some help to the computer to check things out. This weekend has been the hardest to deal with not being able to go out and do things. BIG sports show started this weekend, thats how I always spent my birthday the last 6 years. But how great is it when the kids (Cameron and her brother and some of the other kids I had in my classroom) come sing Happy Birthday to you in bed with homemade cake and cool presents to make this years fishing time more enjoy able – beats the sports show any day!!!
    After this week then it’s more reat and then off to therpy. Can’t wait to get out in the world.

fisher sherry
    Minneapolis

Wow, Cheri, you have alot going on right now. I will keep you in my thoughts. And Happy Birthday to you!!!

hntnful
    Everly Iowa

My wife goes to scrapbook parties for creative memmories and stamping a couple times a month. She has about 6 totes of stuff. I told her I needed more fishing gear to equal it out but she told me she shares my gear so I could share her scrap stuff.
    Brian

fisher sherry
    Minneapolis

Well, Brian, isn’t that nice of her! You’re lucky she is willing to share her scrapping stuff with you. I don’t share well.

cherilovell

Quote:

She has about 6 totes of stuff.

Quote:

Ya, I have two huge pantry type cabinets, three plastic draw thingys and a few plastic tots filled with scarpbooking stuff and still don’t have all the things I need. I used to have more fishing stuff then scarpbooking stuff but that has changed. It’s pretty bad when your HUGE supply of fishing STUFF is over done by the scrapbooking.
    Ok, so do they have a support group for both habits?

HI, I’M CHERI AND I AM ADDICTED TO FISHING AND SCRAPBOOKING – SOMEONE WANT TO ME MY SPONSOR?

fisher sherry
    Minneapolis

Oh Cheri, you don’t need support groups! There are MUCH worse things you could be addicted to. Of course… who am I to talk. I am just as addicted as you are. Shhhh…

HooksWife
    Crystal, MN

Hi, I make greeting cards only, no scrap booking for me. My husband and I share a space downstairs for our hobbies and I am happy to say, my stamp supply is catching up to the fishing lures …working on being even Can you imaging spending $3.00 a card nowadays? People love to get hand made ones

fisher sherry
    Minneapolis

No kidding, HooksWife! I can’t believe the price of greeting cards nowadays. People love the thought and time put into a handmade card.

Do you ever join card swaps and things online? I belong to a couple of groups that have them and its kind of a fun way to get ideas for cards.

HooksWife
    Crystal, MN

No I have never done swaps. A coworker sells Stampin Up and she does make and takes, we get to try new products out and see new ideas, otherwise I vary the ideas in the books to the stamps I have. I really enjoy it!

fisher sherry
    Minneapolis

Sounds fun. SU has some really nice products.

If you ever want to check into some fun swaps, let me know… I belong to a couple of local groups that hold card swaps. As well as a couple of groups that hold free crops each month. They’re just Yahoo groups and stuff… nice people though. I do them for ideas… plus there aren’t enough holidays to send out as many cards as I make. lol

HooksWife
    Crystal, MN

Sure pass on the info, may look into it. Thanks.

dan-larson
    Cedar, Min-E-So-Ta

Any of you gals thought about branching out to the digital world… My company does DVD slideshows, as well archiving, We can put thousands of photos on a single DVD, throw it in your safe deposit box, and your memories are protected forever. The best part, it is totally customizable, so you can add your own flare to whatever we do.

Have fun, stay creative….

HooksWife
    Crystal, MN

Sometimes I wish I would make 2 of every card I make so I have a copy, as sometimes I get creative if I say so myself so what you’d need for a DVD is originals to copy them I supose huh???

fisher sherry
    Minneapolis

Alot of people do digital scrapbooking, then print them out and put them in an album. I like the hands on paper scrapping myself.

As far as saving them… I just scan each layout or card into my computer and save it on a CD with my CD burner. Easy as pie! And I have a copy of everything I’ve ever made. Wal-Mart can even put them on CD for you if you don’t have a burner. I don’t really see a need for a DVD… but I suppose someone might.

Great White
    Vinton, Iowa

My wife and motherinlaw scrapbook. They even sell that creatvie memories stuff so we have it EVERYWHERE! They even have my four year old daughter doing it!

–Whitey

david_scott
    Twin Cities

Oops. Dave must have been on my computer last night after I went to bed. lol

fisher sherry
    Minneapolis

Ok… this is better…

That’s awesome, Jason! Crafting is so good for kids. My son loves to scrapbook and do crafts… he even has his own little scrapbook.

cherilovell

I have made a few cards. I like the idea of a card swap. Maybe those of us that are out here that do make cards – we could do are ouw swap. Willing to spear head the program….

fisher sherry
    Minneapolis

That sounds like fun, Cheri!! We’ll have to keep our eyes on this thread and see if anyone else is interested.

mikem
    SE Minnesota

The wife is big time,state conventions,card parties,stamping,her collection of stuff rivals my tackle.

david_scott
    Twin Cities

*Fisher Sherry’s* collection does surpass what I have for tackle these days. It keeps her busy in her free time, I wont complain..

keeps her out of my hair from time to time

Any more women around the greater metro area thinking of getting into scrapping? I’ll send Sherry out your way to help get you on the right track!

It gives me more time to fish!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 50 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.