IDA Needs YOUR Imput

• dodge_boy
    Minocqua, Wi

I really don’t remember how I found the site but have been on since june of 01. I remember when this was just a baby site.

deeplake
    Iron, mn

i was addicted when a fishin buddy of mine ( and one great guide) Dan Larsen got me hooked at work one day.. lost access for about a year but first chance i got i logged back on and now its a daily thing.. great info..love that IDA!

robby
    Quad Cities

Jeff, drop me a line and lets get a line wet together. Bass will be active very soon and I hate to say it but if history repeats itself I will forget about walleye for a while. However last year in club tourneys I caught a couple of big walleyes, thinking I might revisit those spots just for fun. We really do not live that far from eachother either. I live on Knoxville Rd. just outside of Milan.

robby
    Quad Cities

Fishaholic, I would like to exercise my 5th Amendment rights here. LOL. You have a great sense of humor and make me chuckle often.

dandrews
    Jesup, Iowa

Found out about Fishtheriver from Steve at Evertts resort a few years ago and since have met James, Dustin and Dean. Great website and great people. Thanks for the help guys!!!!!!!

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

I used to laugh at the guy I would see cruising the Sippi and Pepin standing up in his 1895 Storm! If it was choppy, he would sit, but it would seem like he had his legs up on the gunnel or seat. Always looking comfortable and at home on the water, like he was supposed to be there. Later on, I met James during a USFA fishing tournament in Red Wing. We got to talking about “What if” stuff, and FTR took off like a bird learning to fly. A few struggles along the way, but that is to be expected. With growth of new people and formats, names changed to better reflect what the site is about. More and more people have stepped out from “Lurker” status to active members. As you do, you meet people from all walks of life! I have bought electronics from Jolly Ann Marine, trucks from Hastings Ford, got a new floor installed by Stickboy, and the list goes on! Many of my closest friends and some relatives reside on this site. Getting involved with James in this site was the best things I have done in my life!
    With the coming of the Northwest Sports Show at the end of March, you will be able to meet and greet a bunch of the IDA Staff at the BFT booth. I will be working the G3 Boats booth as well. I hope a bunch of you folks stop by and introduce yourself!
    Tuck

john_r
    LaCrosse Wi

I saw James on a fishing show up on pool 4, and they showed fishtheriver, on the screen. Glad I saw that show-John

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

I hold my buddy Ryan Hale responsible for my involvement here. I still tell my wife, “it’s Ryan’s fault!”.

jiggin

I’ve got a place in Pepin with the river in the back yard ( just over the tracks of course ). I love to fish the river when I get over there, and was trying to find out more info on the water in the area. Came across fish the river, bookmarked it, and check it when I get a chance. It makes me feel close when I’m far away. Lots of good info. Thank you all.

cherilovell
    Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin

I came out here because I heard there was some cat fishing guy (not mentioning any names but you could ask Brink about it)who goes around fishing in a pink dress who signed his soul over to the by a famous cotton wood tree and so I wanted to see this for my self and with a little luck get proof.

But all kidding aside, I was looking for shore fishing ideas for my vacation to the river and found a great bunch of friends in the mean time with lots of great info to share.

Sartell Eye Guy
    Sartell, MN

I found out about the site from a friend and have been “hooked” ever since. The information and staff on this site are the best in the biz. Thanks IDA

Doug Ertl
    St Cloud, MN

Tuck told me about it when it first started as FTR. Been around ever since. Have meet many new friends and Kooty.
    Plus the info and what I have learned from this site is priceless.

jldii

I had an old link for a site (Fish the River?) that had information about the river levels at Redwing. One day a couple years ago I went to check the flow thinking I might come down and chase some river eyes and found IDA.

I lurked around for awhile then decided to jump in. The rest is history!

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

A friend gave me a link to the fish the river site. Started using the site more when it became IDA as it was a big improvement. Booked a trip with James a few years back and have been checking the site daily since. When I can’t get on the water, at least I can read about it.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

My roommate at the time was surfing the web and came across FTL (fishthelake.com) and some Po Dunk guide named H20 was pulling these Big Fat Walleyes trolling Mille Lacs in the Fall. Just not one night, but day after day after day he was landing pigs. I started Logging in to see his reports. My old roommate is still a lurker, but I only lurked for about a year and a half I joined EFN and the rest is history.

I have lurked at other sites but nothing kept me coming back for real informative info like IDA. I once thought I would not have to post anything and I could just take data from other peoples postings. Well I’m glad I did start posting. Cause once I joined this site really became easy to naviagte and know what was going on, beccause of the extra little things you get with being a registered user. Not to mention once I started asking questions and giving information on the topics I knew about. I found that the information that I gained, learned, and people gave me from the site came back to me 10-fold. So I would highly recommend being a registred user and become involved in this IDA thing to anyone that wants to increase their knwoledge of this great thing called fishing

sallie

I found out about IDA from my brother, before my daughter gave me her old computer. I lurked for about a year before Fishing Machine talked me into signing up. Sure glad I did. I’ve asked questions and always got good answers right away. Guess my memory isn’t as good as it used to be so I have a folder full of information I’ve printed out.
    Thanks everyone

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Six years ago in April, I was looking for a guide to take me fishing on the Might Miss. I stumbled across a guy by the name of James Holst. Got some character references and we hit the water one cool April morning. Fishing wasn’t great, but I knew right away I met someone special. I did snag the biggest fish of my life that day, a 48″ sturgeon. Ever since, I’ve been following this site through it’s many changes. Each time “we” simply get bigger and better!!

I can honestly attest that all my MN fishing buddies have been met through IDA. One way or another, I can trace back all my good friends to IDA. Thanks for all your hard work James!!!!

markmoran
    Rochester MN

I found it while i was looking for an ice report about 4 years ago, it took me a while to become a member, but after i did i don’t miss a day! Great Job

B.C.
    La Crosse, WI

I can’t even remember yesterday.

jbongers
    South St. Paul, MN

I was actually referred to this site by Walleye Central. I had a question about the River and they told me to check it out over here, and I’ve been here ever since.

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Boy talk about a history lesson going on here!!! Agreeing with John R’s comments regarding a fishing show. Based on my sign on date, I believe that was shown in early March of ’02. All I remember about the show was a young James, perhaps even Dustin (not sure) catching fish on the river with plastics. Always loving the river and getting a chance to get down there every now and then, I registered right away. It all started as fishthe river.com, then the addition of fishthelake.com, the combination of the two to the Electronic Fishing Network and finally In-Depthangling is here.

I tryed to get James to sneak downstream to guide me in the P7 area, but he politely refused and recommended Jarrad Fluekiger, with whom I have fished with two of the last three years and have enjoyed each of the experiences!!!

With the expansion to EFN I believe came more bodies of water than FTR & FTL, hunting and ice fishing threads. IDA gatherings, which I am sorry I have never made have become more numerous.

I can remember being on other websites, but people used them without class in the discussion that were had. I can remember great discussions here and very rarely have the administrators had to delete thread and/or posts. This website has just been done in a very classy way.

That lends itself to cudos to James and the rest of the crew over and over again. It also lends itself to the people who support the site with their dollars. But mostly it shows what people who post to this site are all about. We cheer for our fellow fisherman/hunters who are in trouble, giving moral support (& more) like no other site I have ever seen. We cheer for our fellow guides and tournament fisherman. It really is just something you do not see on any other site.

That is why I signed up and continue to enjoy this site!!!

Just a great site!!!

Mark

DasBoot3
    St Peter MN

Found a link on Walleye Central to Fish the River and have been stopping by ever since.
    DB3

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

I can’t remember how long ago it’s been now but I’m guessing it’s in that 6-7 year range.

I was referenced to “FTR” by a seminar instructor, and again by a DNR official, at a pre-season seminar regarding walleyes on the St. Croix. The year of that seminar, the Croix was opening a week before the WI inland waters and it was only 2 days following the seminar so I rushed home and looked up the website.

What I found was a couple of instructional articles, one or two reports, and a message board that was much like marking messages on a chalk board. Oh yeah, and a photo album too!

I looked into the message board activity and I remember seeing ~H2O~, Turk, Chris Tuckner,…………. Mavzer? Hutch? I know I can’t remember as well as I’d like to but anyway, it was clearly a small group of guys that were checking in with each other……… but not everyday.

I posted a question but it wasn’t answered before the Croix opened so I kinda shrugged my shoulders and just kept fishing.

About 6 months later, I took a new job that had me around computers alot so I thought I’d see if there was any new info out there. Well……… the message board was still kinda slow but I saw some new names like Rivereyes, Gianni, and Carp Chaser (how’s that for a blast from the past??). So, I posted a new question and by the next day, I had a reply. Next thing I knew, I was getting really attached to the chemistry that existed between this small group of individuals and I couldn’t wait for ANYTHING to show up on the message board so I could learn more and possibly make a new friend too. I wanted to talk to everybody!!! Even if I was useless regarding the subject matter.

From here, there are plenty of stories to tell but I’ve probably dragged this on long enough already. I’ll always cherish what we had back then, growing personally alongside friends acquired through the site, and seeing all that’s been accomplished through the site’s maturing process. And honestly, it’s possible that we haven’t seen nothing yet!

I can no longer frequent the site as often as I once had but this will always be my home……… sweet home!

Whiskerkev
    Madison

I have been fishing for cats for many years and after my folks bought a houseboat we spent a lot of time at the old man. I liked it so much I bought one too and personal experience wasn’t putting me on fish like I would like. When doing a google search I kept noticing “fishtheriver” as a source of interesting info. Now i try to share what I have learned and learn more. You can never know the river fully. There is always something new to understand. It is like a book with no end.

tedpeck
    Genoa Wi

heard about IDA thru Dave Koonce and been spreading the word in print and on the air ever since

brian_peterson
    Eagan, MN

I heard about it from Walleye Central. Now I don’t spend much time there, a lot of Lake Erie stuff. IDA is for the most part localized.

wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

Looked at FTR a couple years ago but kind of lost interest in the whole internet fishing info thing. Started into tourney fishing and this is one of my 3 daily sites. Great job all, see some of you this weekend in Onalaska.

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Many years back, I was doing a search on P4 river status and reports.

I found fishing minnesota, but they seemed to lack the up to date info on the river and didn’t have much to say about techniques. Also, they really didn’t have much for reports.

Then I found Fish the River….Been here ever since!!!!

metromuskie
    Saint Paul

I found it while doing searches on Google for local lake reports and fishing equipment. It kept coming up at the top of the list. I was also told by a friend but after I had been looking at it semi regularly.

bassandbucks
    Wisconsin

I first discovered IDA while surfing the web looking for fishing reports. I would look at it from time to time. Last year I was talking to Slop bass at one of our BFL tournaments and found out how involved with IDA he was. I am on the sight whenever possible now, contributing when I can and learning whenever possible.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 67 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.