Are you happy in your Job?

• haywood04
    Winona, Minnesota

After reading a few posts about persons thinking about changing careers it got me thinking of a very basic question.
    Do you like your job?
    I really enjoy my job and have made plans to drop anchor and stay for the long hall. Lfe can have a way of disrupting such well made plans but for now I like it.

jldii

I voted that I did not like my current job, and that I would like to change soon.

I love guiding in the summer, and am not planning on stopping, but my working as a waiter in the winter is getting old fast. I almost feel like I’m trapped. I could go back into restaurant managment, but I’d have to give up guiding. If I want to keep guiding, I can pretty much only work as a waiter since I’m a seasonal employee.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Jack, stop your whining, and get me a beer!

dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

Funny enough you should bring this up. I have just been offered and accepted a promotion as an IT Analyst. I am sitting here going nuts because my current managers have to give me a release date… either the 12th or the 26th. I am praying on the 12th… can’t wait. Sitting here going nuts. UHG!!! THe HORROR… THeHORROR>..

DasBoot3
    St Peter MN

I guess I’m with the majority here – liking my job and staying. I have 9 years left to 55 retirement with a 72.5% pension and paid health insurance. I have 6 weeks of vacation and 3 weeks of sick time per year. Sooooooooo……..I’d be crazy to quit this gig. Be nice if it paid more but we get along fine.
    DB3

steve-demars
    Stillwater, Minnesota

DB3 – You are doing the right thing. I’m retired and it is the best job I have ever had!! I was able to retire at 55 and it was the best decision I ever made. If I can offer anybody advice it would be to look at your retirement options. If you have good early retirement opportunities, I would tell you to suck it up and hold on – You will be surprised how quickly retirement arrives. It may seem a long ways away right now but it really isn’t. Think ahead and plan for that magic date, it is worth the effort.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

I chose No and Yes respectively. Currently, I have no retirement, 401k, or health benefits from my job. My wife has health insurance for the family
    I do have one benefit in that I only work around 7 months out of the year and get laid-off for the winter. That is all fun, but it doesn’t allow me to have the “toys” I would like to have. My problem is finding a decent paying job without a degree. Factory work is not my bag. If there were something in the community college that offered night courses only I would do that. But, there really isn’t anything like that in this area.
    I would like to see a change in the near future, but time will tell on that. It isn’t that I don’t like my job. But, it is very physical and very hard on the body. I do like being outside all day and having winters to hunt and fish though

1hawghunter
    Grand Rapids, MN

I have been doing the same job for over 20 years. I have not enjoyed it for about 10 years. I am not changing because I do not know of any other job where I make as much money as I do and still fish about 20 tournamnets each summer and that is what keeps me in the line of work I am in.

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

I am self employed really like what I do. No benefits of any kind. Being self employed the up and downs of bussiness can drive one to . Theres times is sucks to be me, but the majority of the time I really enjoy it.

theodorenugget
    Sugar Land, TX

My answer can be deduced from the following…

Rock guitarist available for touring national act. All styles welcome. Immediate start avail. Passport ready for worldwide travel. In the meantime, lessons available for all ages. Inquire within.

Willeye
    La Crosse, WI

Quote:

Life can have a way of disrupting such well made plans but for now I like it.

Haywood,

John Lennon wrote/sang something very similar in his song Beautiful Boy–“Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans.”

You never know what life is has in store for you each day, so do what you can to make each day a good one. I spend my days working with elementary students and staff members and can’t think of anything else I’d rather do for a living.

CR

herb
    6ft under

I love my job.
    40 hr work week, no benies, no retirement, complete idiots running the place.
    I work for the fun of it.
    I love my job.

haywood04
    Winona, Minnesota

Quote:

Haywood,

John Lennon wrote/sang something very similar in his song Beautiful Boy–“Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans.”

You never know what life is has in store for you each day, so do what you can to make each day a good one. I spend my days working with elementary students and staff members and can’t think of anything else I’d rather do for a living.

CR

Well Said!

theodorenugget
    Sugar Land, TX

Quote:

Jack, stop your whining, and get me a beer!

eyejacker
    Hudson, Wisconsin

Gotta’ love retirement, especially if you have Health, Financial Independence and and a Sound Mind. Oh well, two out of three ain’t bad!

yellowdog
    Alma Wi

I went from a job where I talked about fishing and guns all day to climbing up and down ladders with a paint brush or hammer all day. happy? not so much!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.