Members vs Guests

• sgt._rock
    Rochester, MN

Can you believe some of the ratios the last few days. Wow guests are sometimes 3:1 over members. Come on you all, register and quit lurking.

emover
    Malcom, IA

You’re right on the need to register Sgt Rock. You can’t post unless you’re a registered member, and the benifits go far beyond that. I lurked way too long, and didn’t realize what a great group of folks were here until I registered. There’s no need not to, as it’s Free , and noone is going to try and solicit you for anything, IDA doesn’t work that way.

Register, it’s fun here

dave

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

Here is a question I’ve wondered about: If I logout do I count as a guest then? (I know there are a few folks who are registered but like to hang out anonymously.) In other words are a lot of those guests logged-out members?

dd

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

If you log out then you would be counted as an announymous guest.

Why in the heck would ANYONE view this site “logged out” if they had a choice? You wouldn’t know when a new post was made to a forum, you wouldn’t be shown which posts you’d already read… the list goes on and on. Flat out, this site is set-up to be much more user-friendly and convenient to browse… when you’re logged in.

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

Well James you have good points. The two reasons I’ve heard is that some people get bombarded with PM’s when they are logged in (popular I guess) and some folks don’t want bosses and wives and others knowing they are using their time wisely.

dd

Fishing Machine
    Lansing, Ia

I know for a fact several right here in Lansing that are lurkers. I have tried to talk them into registering but don’t feel they want to or need to.

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Shhhh James…they could be Yoopers like me who flunked typing!

Newexplorer

Help

I’m feeling like a lurker, but as a member, every time i log on this site, my signon name has been dropped and i must re-sign in eveytime. When i leave, even for 8 hours, must sign-in again .. help is needed

PoppaWolf1
    River Falls, WI

Guess I should start logging in every time I read the postings which is every day I’m not traveling.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

Help

I’m feeling like a lurker, but as a member, every time i log on this site, my signon name has been dropped and i must re-sign in eveytime. When i leave, even for 8 hours, must sign-in again .. help is needed

Never heard that one before, Newexplorer! But help is on it’s way. Kinda sounds like your net connection is dropping???

I’ve been logged in for days, just using other tabs to go other websites.

Also, for the others that don’t want there names to be seen, there’s a box in your profile to check that makes you “invisable”…but still have the benefits of being logged in.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Two things can cause that. If you expire your cookies and temporary internet files, you will be dropped. You must also click the “Remember me” spot as well at login.
    Tuck

luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

TTT

Earlier today I had 300 to 75

fishahollik
    South Range, WI

C’mon, register…..its even fun to bash the bass guys.

hooks
    Crystal, Mn.

Quote:

We got Bass guys?

Yeah,
    And I hear they want their own forum and stuff like that!
    Can you believe the nerve of them? LOL

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.