Gas auger question

• gassman
    Rochester,MN. U.S

new gas auger this year and was wondering what to do with it when ice goes? Do you drain and burn all the gas out or leave in till next year? Heard gaskets dry up if left dry.. thanks guys

fish2live
    hampton,mn

add sea foam to your gas and run till you think that the new mix has gotten into the carb then store. this is what i do and have never had a problem. just so i don’t ever have to worry i usually run sea foam all the time in all my engines so i never have to worry about gas going bad. oh ya i also store with full a full tank heard this also helps. don;t know why just have always done it.

shaley
    Milford IA

Is it ok to leave the mixed fuel in the auger over the off season?? I do run stabil through my outboard and leave the tank full during the winter and have never had a problem yet.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

I usually dump the fuel in the tank except for a little bit. Then add Stabil to it and run it long enough to get the Stabil to the carbs. Next year it starts right up

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Yeah, personally I’m going to use some seafoam, and leave most of the gas/oil in the tank, next year I’ll pour the old gas/il out and put new stuff in to start the season.

deeplake
    Iron, mn

i would use stabil instead of sea foam.. sea foam can either work wonders or really screw stuff up

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I mix fuel stabilizer in the tank (stabil or sea foam) run it a bit, drain the fuel, then run it till its out. I then spray some fogging oil in intake and plug hole and cycle it several times. Done. Been doing it this way for 16 years and never had an auger motor issue.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.