boat purchase

• cet
    Western Wisconsin

Anyone have some recommendations on whether or not to go new over used-been looking long and hard for the right boat and seems that to get what I want I have to go new..been looking at 17 ft lunds and seems like for a few thousand more I can get a new one w/warranty?

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

You may have just answered your own question. If what you really want in a boat can only be found in a new boat for the money…Why not go new? You will probably get better financing if that is a concern. And resale may be a bit better down the road if you decide to upgrade.
    Tuck

cet
    Western Wisconsin

I hear ya ..I really like the explorer with the sport track system in it..they also put a baitwell divider in it and xtra rod storage on the gunwhale with rod tip protectors..I guess now I need to pick a color..ha ha?

JCK
    nora springs ia floyd

Its always nice to have a warrantySounds like your looking at a nice boat

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

The only down-side to new is the great big depreciation hit you take when you drive it off the lot. But new is a lot of fun and good-looking (for a while). Enjoy your boat!

dd

hookem
    Hastings,Minn.

something to think about if you go new is you may have to add sales tax on top of your purchase. If you buy used depending on what state you live in you may avoid it. Could save you an easy grand on the purchase.

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

wtail,
    you sent me a Pm last week about boats, did you get my long answer. hope it helped.
    Jack..

gscrsigs

Give me a PM if you do buy new and decide to shop at Warners Dock . I would like to give you my opinion and exsperiences with them and can steer you to some dealers that will treat you rite.

gs

deeplake
    Iron, mn

i have a buddy (another member on this site) selling a very nice newer 16 ft, 40 horse, nice graph, bow mount trolling motor, and more, for a very low price, a great boat almost new and set up and ready to go….send me a pm for more details..

prieser
    Byron, MN

My two cents….”IF” you can find one that is only a year or so old, you can save a boat load of cash. I recently purchased a 6 month old boat from a “Pro”. Now I know that I went a little over board on this machine, but brand new that boat would have cost me 52,000-53,000. In the end I got a 6 month old boat for 37,000.00 with just about full warrenties and a huge savings, not to mention no sales tax. I did look for a while for this boat, keep your eyes open, you could find the same thing. Good luck.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

What exactly are you looking for?

jachma

I have been looking for a new boat or used one in “as new” condition for over two years and also trying to weigh out the pros and cons. It is true that there is alot of depreciation on a new boat, but in my experience any late model boat that has been well taken care of is not a whole lot cheaper than a new one. They really seem to hold there value. So after much deliberation, I decided to buy new. That way I get exactly what I want in a boat, motor and accessories, warranty, and piece of mind working with a good dealer. Like my wife told me, “If your going to spend that kind of money, get what you want the first time..” I got a 2005 Lund Mr. Pike 16 and can’t wait to get her home! My two cent’s worth.

Jason Sullivan
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Quote:

Its always nice to have a warrantySounds like your looking at a nice boat

When did Lund start the transferable warranty? Last year right?

That sure was a nice thing.

Sully

cet
    Western Wisconsin

I am really leaning that way ..Im looking at the 2005 Explorer ..wtail

cet
    Western Wisconsin

Im looking for a 17 ft Lund with a 115 4-stroke or bigger on it ..either Mr Pike or an Explorer, or even a Pro Angler with single console. I found couple Pro Anglers -02 and 03 but they are looking for 14000 for them? 3000 more and I can get a new one I guess that s what Im going to have to do unless something comes up here..the fish arent going to stop biting cuz I dont have a boat yet?

cet
    Western Wisconsin

I thought buying a boat was supposed to be fun but the enjoyment can be taken out of it in a hurray when u cant find what you are looking for or if you find what youre looking for at a price that you are not willing to pay.

jachma

I srarted out looking at explorers too, very nice boats. The Mr. Pike seems to be a cross between them and a Pro-V of a few years ago.. I know what you mean about the “enjoyment factor”. I’ve actually had some dealers try and talk me out of ordering some options, seems they didn’t want my money. Guess you just have to stick to your guns and get what you want…………

2Fishy4U

Great choice; new is best if you plan on keeping the rig for awhile and I have had plenty of boats.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.