yamaha 4 stroke

• cet
    Western Wisconsin

Can I get some feed back on the Yamaha 115 4-stroke..durability/reliability/ease of maintanance? wtail

douschmi
    Minneapolis, MN

I have run one for the last 2 years and have never had an issue. I avg about 100-125 days on the water and it doesn’t matter if it is July or November it has always started right away with out an issue and has run great.

cet
    Western Wisconsin

Thats what I wanted to hear ..I am going to look and poss by a 17 ft lund w/115 yam 4-stroke on it and other party says they have about 100-120 hrs on it ..its an 03? Is there anything I should be looking for tomorrow when I am looking over the motor (other than scag/prop)? wtail

cet
    Western Wisconsin

ok!

jlbassfishing

Wtail

This is my first boat this year and it has the exact motor, same year too, on it and although I haven’t had it in the water or started it yet, let me tell you how sweet they are. Everyone I have talked to about them have said nothing but praise for the durability, the fuel efficiency, the quietness, just everything about them. They are car engines basically. These things are easier to change oil on than a car, it is all right in front of your face. They look cool and sleek too. I am just so glad I didn’t get the Mercury 2-stroke 90 horse on a brand new 17 foot boat, but instead got a 1850 fishhawk with the Yamaha 115 four-stroke, both 2003. Read the links that Steve or whoever want to add yours to, very helpful and confidence building comments on the Yamaha motors. Good luck and enjoy!!
    jlbassin “Jeremy” ><((((>

cet
    Western Wisconsin

Thanks for the response ..I really appreciate it. Wtail

dwightanders
    Sandstone,MN

Yamaha makes a great motor no matter what size. I’ve ran almost every one. The F115 is a very good motor don’t shy away from it no matter what you might have heard. How did the whole Crystal Pierz thing work out? Or is this that boat?

cet
    Western Wisconsin

Well I made the trek to St Cloud this morning and looked at a boat from a private party that I was disappointed with ..then went over to the CP store in St Cloud and boat I was dealing on there is not for sale..other party decided not to sell and make trade and as of this afternoon had still not pu boat from their lot..I am having a hard time finding anything used that will fit the bill for me so am considering a new one ..however..new ones (from CP anyway) have 115 johnson 4 strokes on them and thats really not my first choice?? I am still looking and trying to stay positive..also got a speeding ticket on way to st cloud..WONDERFUL day!!!

dwightanders
    Sandstone,MN

Well keep your head up. One will come along. I have a Johnson 90 4 stroke on my fishhawk and I love it. Bombardier really makes a great motor. It trolls down nice and has the power I need. You should have a salesman keep an eye out for a boat for you. They’ll have trades coming in from the boat shows. We still have a while before ice out something will come along.

2Fishy4U

A few suggestions, albeit without knowing how much you are willing to spend it is difficult.

The E-TEC is the finest engine made so if you have the bucks forget the rest. There are tests of E-TEC, Merc and Yamaha available for free, and the differences are staggering.

As for used boats/motors try Smitty’s Marine in Lake city. They have about 200 to choose from and although I didn’t buy my new rig from them, I was impressed with there honestly and low key approach. They only reason I made a different choice was they do not carry Crestliner. But I do remember they have a nice 2 year old Lund (never used) with a Yamaha on it so it might be worht a look.

If you are looking for a used rig send me a personal E Mail. The Crestliner I traded in has an 88HP Johnson SPL, trolling motor, ski bar attachment (it for for my kids), etc. The motor runs great, the Boat shows a bit of Mississippi wear.

Good luck

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.