Anyone had dealings with Crystal Pierz…help!!

• cet
    Western Wisconsin

Found a 2 year old boat at a Crystal Pierz..put money down on it and they were to clean up, go over and deliver it to me last saturday..well fri they called said too busy bcause of boat show..so we set up for me to pu the boat tomorrow morning (its a 2 hr drive)..they called me this morning said they forgot to get title to the boat they took in on trade and cant do the deal tomorrow..seems like something fishy here..should I stick this out or pull the plug??

buckshot
    Rochester, MN

If it is the boat you want I would stick it out and see what happens. Are you working with the store in Crystal, MN??

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Talk to the manager, no dealer would take a boat on trade with no title.

cet
    Western Wisconsin

St Cloud..its about everything I was looking for and I got em down to a price that I almost believe they are trying to get out of. I never saw a place try to NOT sell something so much..

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Wheren’t these guys inthe news last year for making several deals on the same boat and going with the highest offers.

cet
    Western Wisconsin

I talked to the store manager at st cloud today and he apologized up and down and said he would personally drive the boat down to wisconsin and del it to me sometime next week (who knows) and that his sales person should have never set up times ..apparently whoever owned the boat traded up from a 17 ft lund to an 18′ fisherman but him and his wife still have a lein on boat and do not have the title clear..how can crystal pierz make this deal?

cet
    Western Wisconsin

Please tell me youre joking?

buckshot
    Rochester, MN

I hadn’t heard that one, if the sales mngr is going to deliver the boat….I wouldn’t worry about it.
    I shot you a PM as well.
    JB

jbennett1013
    Cedar Rapids, IA

It does not seem that odd to me that they are waiting on a title from a bank or whoever had the lein. It sounds like you got a salesmen who was a little quick on the draw to make a sale and over stepped his bounds. If the sales manager offered to deliver it to you personally I would not worry about it too much. As the sales manager if he breaks a promise to you he runs the risk of alot of bad press so to speak. With fishing sites like this one becoming more popular it is real easy to convey a bad experience. I think alot of people on this site and sites like this really take other peoples experiences to heart. I know I do. So basically I would give them till next week if it a boat you really want. Worst thing that happens is they give you your money back because as a dealer there is no way they can keep that, and you have to find another boat. I think it should all work out for you.

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

Back in 2000 when I bought a boat I originally was buying a Crestliner Fishhawk from Crystal Pierz. I had it all worked out in January and was putting the money down in February and was taking the boat then. February comes and I go in to seal the deal and they tell me I have no deal. I say “Fine! I’ll never deal with you guys again.” I bought my Lund Mr. Pike at the boat show the next week from Rapid Sport. And I haven’t dealt with them again.

dd

cet
    Western Wisconsin

Well that same salesman also told me he would call me back today and set the time/date to bring it to me next week and he never called back. I will keep you guys posted on what happens ..thanks so much for your feedback..(ps..isnt buying a boat supposed to be fun?) wtail

birddog
    Mn.

It’s boat show season…THEY ARE SWAMPED!! I’ve bought 2 boats from CP around the show season and things tend to progress a tad slow, been there 2 years in a row. At least they made the call and you didn’t have to drive all the way over there. Hang in there, it’ll work out.

P.S. The phone calls are something you can’t count on!! It’s unfortunate but it’s true. You have to stay on them, if you don’t someone else will and it seems you get pushed to the back of the line. Make the calls…stay on them. Been there, done that.

BIRDDOG

phishmn

One other thing. Good luck trying to get them to fix anything wrong/warranty work. Bought my last boat from them last spring. YOu gotta love the sales folks before they have your signature. If you ask a question, they can get it done. When the need arises, they can’t. I got the same “busy” BS excuses. Never again w/CP.

Of course this is my sole opinion. Just thought I’d share.

shayla

I have dealt with Crystal Pierz on two occassions. One time I bought a boat from them….that was a lesson in futility! The second time I needed some service work….I can only say that went even worse! I would RUN as fast as I could from them if I were you! If you look at the classified section on this site and elsewhere, you will find a ton of decent deals. There’s a million used boats out there, don’t settle for crappy service when there is so many to choose from. If your gut tells you not to do it, then don’t do it! Good Luck in your decision, I know it’s a tough one.

shayla

Quote:

It’s boat show season…THEY ARE SWAMPED!!

ABSOLUTELY NO EXCUSE! He is the customer, all the poor guy wants is a boat, not a boatload of headaches and empty promises.

phishmn

Go get em Tiger

shayla

Sorry, I didn’t mean to beat up on anyone. I just am passionate about being treated decent as a customer and I get a little hot under the collar when certain businesses do otherwise. I’m just one man with my own opinion, but customer service ranks VERY HIGH with me. My neighbors think I’m nuts, and maybe so, but I will go as far as to boycott a business for life if I feel they have no respect for their customers. It just so happens that Crystal Pierz is one of the businesses on my list, sorry.

phishmn

No need to say you are sorry. CP & Best Buy are on my lists of no return, so odviously I have the same philosophy.

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

I think everyone has had a bad experience sometime or another at any dealer. I don’t think we should start bashing CPM. They have been very good to me at the Brainerd store and know others that have also had a great experience with them.

jbongers
    South St. Paul, MN

I bought my last boat from Crystal Pierz and had very good luck and service. But, I am also in sales and know that a customer that has money in hand is worth more than 100 that are just looking. They need to take care of the people that are ready to pick up there boat before they take care of the ones that might buy one in 5 years.

birddog
    Mn.

To each their own! I won’t say that all my dealings with CP have been rosy and bright. I’ve dealt with the late delivery, missed phone calls, etc…but in the end they made things right and that’s what counts. An ounce of kindness goes a LONG way!! I’ve dealt with times I’ve wanted to freak out and storm out but I don’t, I act kind and usually get kindness in return. I’ve also watched the childish, act like an #### routine, it doesn’t get very far. Go to the manager, act kind, explain the problem and more than likely it will work out for the best, you don’t stomp your feet, huff and puff and storm out!! You say being busy is no excuse…and I agree, it’s not an excuse but it is certainly something as a consumer to take into consideration. It doesn’t matter what business…if I go to the local restaraunt and the cooks and waitress are “busy” because it’s packed I don’t freak out and boycott the place, I take into consideration that they’re busy and things don’t always go smoothly when busy. It happens in most any successful business. When your at home and you have a long list of chores but didn’t have a chance to get to that squeeky door that’s been bugging you. Do you boycott yourself?? Remember, being busy is no excuse!

birddog
    Mn.

wtail,

It truely sounds like managment is trying to get you your boat. And, yes, they are very busy. It may not be an “excuse” but it’s certainly true. Some will have had a bad experience, as with any business, it happens.

I have had to bring a few boats back for warranty work, they almost always got me in and out in a timely manner and at times have gone above and far beyond what they had to do. The only time they didn’t get me in and out quickly my motor had a glitch and they couldn’t figure it out, but neither could the Johnson/suzuki tech. Again, kindness will go a long way with your dealer.

P.S. You could have posted your question about any dealer and will still have the negative posts. Enjoy your boat!!

BIRDDOG

kurt-turner
    Southeast MN

wtail – rule #1 when shopping for a boat (or almost any material thing), NEVER EVER fall in love! Boats are a dime a dozen (well maybe quite a few dimes) and you already have preconceived notions about which brand you want. The DEALER is the one variable that you absolutely MUST feel 100% confident will take care of you. Don’t get me wrong every company makes a lemon so there are things out of anyone’s control. From my experience, which was rather painful at the time but I earned a PHD in dealing with the marine world, you MUST feel, sounds a little touchy feely but you MUST feel comfortable with your dealer or you’re in for a world of disappointment. Just my 2 cents…. Kurt

bobberal
    St Cloud MN, Leech Lake

I’ll make this short and sweet.

CRM in St Cloud has great service. The service staff is polite and knowledgeable, but I have nothing good to say about the management and sales staff. I know the sales staff is seasonal, but the knowledge of boats, motors and trailers is unacceptable. If you are going to sell a product please know what you are talking about.

CRM will do nothing sort of lying to get you into a boat and then if the rookie sales guy makes a mistake, the management will drag its feet and start to make excuses why you need to pay more or change your order.

Buyer beware is all I can say about St Cloud CRM.

I should add, that I have purchase two lund boats from CRM in the last 6 years, but I will say that these were the last, unless the management changes, I will be taking my business somewhere else.

Enuff of my 2 cents. Sorry!

scottsteil
    Central MN

Give Tom Hines a call at the St. Cloud Crystal Pierz Marine (320)251-5555. He will get your problem taken care of. I do a lot of work with Crystal Pierz Marine in St. Cloud and they have always taken care of everyone I have sent in there. Also, I believe they have one of the best service departments in the state. Tom will get your problem taken care of, he is a great guy

martin_vrieze
    Eagan

I bought a new 2005 FishHawk 1750 from Crystal Pierz (Hastings) in November…Great time to buy a boat. They were trying to blow out their 2005 inventory to make room for the 2006 models before the boat shows and they basically gave us the boat for cost.

I picked up the boat exactly when they said it would be ready.

My wife and I still say we are Sooooo glad we were able to avoid the boat show madness.

GEMEYEGUY

Quote:

You have to stay on them, if you don’t someone else will and it seems you get pushed to the back of the line. Make the calls…stay on them. Been there, done that.

To each their own.
    BUT
    I won’t beg anybody for the PRIVILEDGE of spending MY money at THEIR retail establishment. Especially when there’s so many other retail establishments offering the same product within an hours drive.
    If they WANT to make the sale, THEY should be calling ME.

Nothing else sends a message to a salesman quite like turning your back to him and walking away.

sandbar
    Woodbury, MN

I bought new from Forest Lake CP in 2003. A few things happened that will make me shop around a little more for the next new boat. First, the salesman was not informed abot the product he was trying to sell me. I knew more about options, etc. than he did. He rarely returned calls. I made the round trip drive (about 60 miles) 6-7 times before I finally signed the papers. I got the manager involved and delivery on the boat was on schedule. The biggest problem with dealers like CP, is the volume of boats they sell. There is no feeling of great customer service, you are treated like a number. I would stay on the phone every day until your issues are resolved.

cet
    Western Wisconsin

Hey guys..I just got off phone with Tom Hines the store manager who really talked me through the problems and did apologize for all the miscommunication. Owner of boat I wanted to buy never showed up for his appt to bring in the title. Still hasnt showed up. Apparently this info did not get to the sales staff. I do not agree with the way I was kept out of the loop and messages were not returned to me but overall Tom did do a good job of clearing some things up. So I guess its time to start looking for a boat again..them female walleyes will soon be hitting the shallows and I will be there one way or another! wail

brian_peterson
    Eagan, MN

I bought my boat at Crystal Pierz in Shakoppee lasy year and have had no problems. I have learned to insist instead of ask for service, they have that urgent care they brag about and for the most part it’s nice…..unless they’re busy! When I needed work done I pulled the boat back to the service garage and dumped it there and then told em. I was first in line! Hang in there, you’ll get your boat!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.