New Site Sponsor on Lake of the Woods

• In-Depth Webstaff
    Keymaster

For all you Lake of the Woods anglers, IDA is thrilled to announce the addition of a new site sponsor… FLAG ISLAND RESORT!

For more information about Flag Island Resort and to welcome them as the most recent website sponsor, visit the Lake of the Woods forum by clicking the link below.

Welcome Flag Island Post

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Welcome to IDA!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Welcome….and how’s the bite!

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Glad to have you on-board

brian_peterson
    Eagan, MN

Welcome, glad to have you with us! could someone post a link to the resort?

emover
    Malcom, IA

Welcome to IDA, Flag Island Resort!

dave

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Welcome. Great to have you with us.
    Thanks, Bill

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Welcome, glad to have you with us! could someone post a link to the resort?

There’s a link in the first post in this thread with more info on Flag Island and I’ll drop it here too.

Here it is >>> Flag Island Resort Info

ederd
    Northeast Iowa, Randalia

Welcome aboard, great to have you on here.

krisko
    Durand, WI

Thanks for supporting such a great site.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Welcome to IDA. Looking forward to your reports

mrcrappie
    mn Dodge co.

welcome to IDA.

col._klink
    St Paul

We’ll see ya this weekend

FlagIsland

Thank you for the warm welcome! We have a great weekend report that will be up soon! We are trying to work out some problems with pulling up pictures. We look forward to reporting here at In-depth Angling!

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

there you guys are!!! I was wondering when that first post was coming. Welcome,…Finally a voice from the north. Like so many others, I too am anxious to hear the reports/coditions good or bad. So,…with that said, who exactly are we talking to here? Or should we call you flag island?

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Sounds like a bunch of staffers are already talking behind the scenes about making a trip up there in July! I’m in!

gary_wellman
    South Metro

I too, would be interested Tuck!!!! There are SUMO eyes up there!!!!!!! Man, I love running bottom bouncers/spinner rigs on the reefs!!!!!!! Favorite way to walleye fish for this guy!!!!

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

G-Dub and Tuck, Let me know the weekend. It might be a little tight with a camping trip already planned and ARM/GTG weekend in July.

gary_wellman
    South Metro

I’m thinking the last weekend in June would be good. The male walleyes are packed up like little kiddies at Sunday School……….Find a little pinch/a narrow/ or a west facing bay and you can have about 50-100 eaters caught in about 5 hours with a jig/minnow.

The big females are starting to leave the spawning beds and are moving towards the big reefs, so you can find them off of breaks and inside turns……Run some bottom bouncers for searching.

The muskies are starting to get warmed up and are easy to find……..AND no crazy muskie schools are going yet!!! A little twitching of some big cranks over some fresh cabbage????

HUH!??!?!?!?!?!?!

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

That would be June 24-25. How long does it take to get up there? That would work for me? Is that the weekend? Who’s going and how long we staying?

gary_wellman
    South Metro

My recommendation is to fish a full 4 days, then add a day each way for travel.

The best way is to run up through Manitoba to the Angle and then motor about 4 to 5 miles from the angle to the island. It is about an 8 hour drive. You have to cross some borders…….

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.