334c hook up……Help!

• chappy
    Hastings, MN

I got the power and hooked it up,turned it on read the manual,but can’t seem to get it off the simulation mode. I’ve gone to the GPS set-up page,turned off the simulation and it keeps coming up in demo mode. I can’t figure it out!! Any Ideas?

z-man
    Dousman, WI

Chappy..sorry, can’t help you, but will be watching this thread closely, as plan on installing one of these babies in the next week or so. Good luck.

kizew
    Dallas, WI

Chappy, just a thought but when I hooked up my 332c I had similar results and was very frustrated until I pulled the boat out of the pole barn and the gps finally got a good signal and allowed me to finish set-up.

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Do you have the GPS antenna hooked up to 12 volts?

kurt-turner
    Southeast MN

If your parked in an enclosed building try pulling it outside. The 334 has an internal antenna so you shouldn’t need a separate power source. Unless there is some new technology………

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Thanks guy’s, I’ll try it in the AM. I pulled it part way outside.

iwontdoit

I received my unit on last thirsday and hooked it up seemed to work fine until i put my lakemaster card in it. The unit is suppose to be aa plug and play but didnt recognize the card, so i called lowrance and anyway i ended up shipping it back to them. the card works perfect everytime in my lcx 111. the gps come on with the unit inside my garage.

z-man
    Dousman, WI

Chappy…..soooooo? Does it work now?

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

He is probably still trying to push it up his basement stairs….

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

If it’s running in demo mode, you do not have the transducer plugged in or you have the transducer plugged in the wrong socket.

-J.

eyejacker
    Hudson, Wisconsin

Quote:

He is probably still trying to push it up his basement stairs….

He probably did not consider that when he drove it down there!

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

This is one BIG reason I like Garmin. They make them “Chappy Proof!” One outlet, antenae on the unit…it is plug and play.
    We mounted a “Brand X” depthfinder in a buddy’s boat last spring, and you had to be an electrical engineer just to install the darn thing!

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Quote:

“Chappy Proof!”

Yeah, that’s funny….

Ever notice in the sporting goods stores that you can’t get any of the Lowrance units “Out” of display mode? That’s because there is no transducer hooked up. Been that way since the LMS-350 days….. Also, it is easy/possible to mix up the connections. Been there, done that!

If you ever get the “GPS not responding” it’s probably because you don’t have power to the GPS puck. However, I did fry a Lowrance GPS puck last year when I came alongside at barge with their radar on. ZZZzzzzzpppppssshhh. Toast!

z-man
    Dousman, WI

Man, this is a tough group! I’ll need to make sure to ask my questions under an alias, when I tackle the dreaded 334C installation in the next week or two. Good thing I don’t have a basement….Z-man with Z-lowrance with Z-questions without Z-basement…..that’ll be me, Chappy.

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Why do toy think I got one with an internal anntenea? It’s responding I think, I have to get a new battery for the boat. Last time I was out I must have kicked the light for the areator. Killed the battery. So Tuckner you can kiss my Once it hooks up to the atalites the 1st time, It should come off of Demo mode? That’s the way I understand it. Jon, I need to get the adaprter cord to run from the Minnkota universal transducer before I can hook that up. Believe it or not…….It’s got a red wire and a black wire to hook up and it’s done! And they have tags on the unit to tell you what to plug them into. Very easy to install. I could see where Tuck had a problem with his though!!!!!

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Quote:

I need to get the adaprter cord to run from the Minnkota universal transducer before I can hook that up.

Once you get that hooked up, it should come off demo mode.

Good luck.

-J.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.