4-stroke power augers

• ducksmuggler
    Red Wing, MN

Ok now that they have been out a year so to say; has any one used one or know someone who has and what do they thingk of it

Why I’m asking is I need a new auger and am looking at the 4 stroke strike master lazer and would like some input on them

thanks

fshdog
    nw iowa

A buddy of mine bought the stike master lite positive features quiet- smooth running -light negatives -SLOW -composite auger flighting ices up fast on the cold days and that nasty protective collar around the bottom likes to hold snow and slush and freeze up just my 2cents give the bobber shop a call 1-800-628-5612 great prices and free shipping on all gas auger

luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

I have used both- strikemaster lazermag xpress- and strike lite- and now I own both. I have my 2 stroke for sale on the classifieds, but I am kind of hoping it doesn’t sell, as that 2hp tecumseh is a tried and true legend of power auger engines. On the other the strike lite weighs less, it requires no mixing of gas/oil, and from what I have heard you get twice as many holes out of one tank. That is a big plus! If, I can swing it with the wife, I am just going to keep both, but at least I “tried” to sell the other one.

I have heard MANY first hand stories of how great the strike lite is…I will be using it hard for the next month, weather permitting- I will post my results…

Strikemaster is the way to go, whether it be 2 or 4-

Chippman
    Chippewa County, Wi

Know someone that works at company that makes eskimo augers there supposed to be making a 4 stroke that is faster than the two strokes don’t know if there in production yet. but may be worth a check at dealers.

troutsrus
    Lytton Iowa

I dont own one , but was fishing with a guy for a few days in Waubay. They are nice to say the least……stupidest thing about them is that you can only lay them down a certain way or the crankcase drains out of the muffler !!!! I would have thought that they could have figured a way out for that , but they didnt. Drills very fast and yes its light. Ill take my Strikemaster Mag though. tried and true and I can buy 2 of those for the price of 1- 4 stroke !

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Quote:

stupidest thing about them is that you can only lay them down a certain way or the crankcase drains out of the muffler !!!!

That is what I was wondering….

luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

You have to lay it down gas tank facing down, that is pretty simple for me to remember- as I had to lay the xpress gas tank up- So I just have to remember to do the opposite. Don’t tell anyone, but I found a steal of a deal on the strike lite- lets just say this, it was cheaper than my lazermagxpress
    Come down my way if you are looking for deals on ice shacks-With out any ice, dealers are begging you to buy ice toys!

ducksmuggler
    Red Wing, MN

will any one of those is a step up from my old jiffy but
    I have another qest is that gas fill cap on them for gifted three handed people or do you just have to be creative

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.