What is the Story Behind your Name?

• VikeFan

Do I really need to explain it? I am a native Minnesotan who is just winding up a six-year exile in southern Iowa, and this screen name was good way to represent.

krisko
    Durand, WI

Quote:

Do I really need to explain it? I am a native Minnesotan who is just winding up a six-year exile in southern Iowa, and this screen name was good way to represent.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Back in the day when the internet was basically AOL and Compuserve, I needed to have a handle for those crazy bulletin boards. Remember those things? It was about the only thing that was “interactive” about the internet. Too bad they never really caught on and were lost in the internet boom

Anyway I put 2 things together, the city where I lived (actually the closest major city of which I lived in a suburb of) and my favorite kind of dog. That was about 15 years ago. So it’s been my online handle ever since. Recently I have started switching to the more ambiguous ePug. I think that gives me a more universal touch. Plus, as a web developer I like writing email as eMail. Ok, I know the whole “e” thing is so 2003, but I like making it lower case and having the next letter upper case. Hey, at least it’s not iPug! Oh, another reason I am slowly changing it is most people either just call me pug or even mipples pug from my screen name;it’s also my permanent email address (mplspug@). But on sites where I have already signed on as mplspug, I don’t change it.

How’s that read for 2 minutes you’ll never get back?

By the way, I have a pug now.

Here he is in early spring, longing to go fishing in a boat.

He makes a pretty good fishing partner. Doesn’t get too excited about the fish though, but loves riding in a boat. The only thing that gets him really riled up is vehicles like harley’s, snowmobiles and anything without a muffler. Funny though, the hum of a outboard motor soothes him.

Good boy, good boy.

carpking
    Janesville, WI.

I was on a safari studying the environmental issues of hippopotamuses, the crew leader was hairlip. I was studying a very large hippo and was tired so I took a short nap and when I woke up the hippo had disappeared. The crew leader was very mad and kept asking me, “how do you lou da hippo”.

1hawghunter
    Grand Rapids, MN

I am always looking for that HAWG of a bass when out fishing. To date the largest is a 6 plus large mouth and a 7 plus small mouth. Hence-Hawghunter

TBOMN11
    Circle Pines, MN

After reading Dr. Sausage’s explaination of how he got his handle(no pun intended)I thought I could share mine. Mine was similar, but she just said “That’s a Big One”….hence TBO..then I live in Minnesota..MN… …ends up to be TBO/MN

Viewing 6 posts - 91 through 96 (of 96 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.