What is the Story Behind your Name?

• roosterrouster
    Inactive
    The "IGH"...

What can I say, my number one passion is “ROUSTING ROOSTERS” with my lab…RR

Scooter
    Rockford Il.

When I was a baby instead of crawling I would scoot so my Grandpa started calling me Scooter and it stuck.

fish-them-all
    Oakdale, MN

I have never really had a nickname so I took part of what I like to do and coined that. I like to fish all bodies of water; lakes, rivers, streams, and ponds. I will fish for all types of fish including the ones with whiskers, hence “fish them all.”

waterfowler99
    Midwest

i got back into waterfowl hunting “HARDCORE” in 1999

big_dog_ia
    Omaha, Ne

I picked up the big dog from some boys i was stationed with and am originally from Iowa.

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

At the time I registered I was fishing Lake Mendota in Madison quite a bit for walleyes. Intended it to be Mendotaeyes, but forgot the s on the end. Ended up being mendotaeye and I didn’t want to go through the trouble of getting it changed to something cool. I didn’t expect to make more than a couple posts, but this site just grows on you and before you know it, you’re on it every day and still have the same lame name you started with.

690reece
    Hutchinson,Minnesota

My boat is 1998 690 Ranger VS and my last name is REECE, hence, 690reece Cory

cherilovell
    Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin

Well, when I started on IDA, my favorite fishing at the time (though I fish for all species) are for Carp so I was carpgirl, Then I got my first musky and so I changed it to muskygirl. Then last summer there was a bet that if I had caught a bigger cat then what I got before, I would change my name to catfishgirl. So as you can see, I lost the bet (you just wait Briank – I’ll get you in that pink dress yet).

grubby
    Fennimore Wisconsin

Life long nick name, grub, grubby, griz, I answer to all. May have been the last name Govier, or it may have been the pony tail and beard in my younger days.

bigweav
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Last name is Weaver and before losing some weight was rather large so my softball buddies started calling me bigweav

luckydog2
    The Villages Florida

Luckydog was already taken. So I chose luckydog2 because of several events in my life. The 3 main ones are: I was a Paratrooper in the Army, 43 jumps, 1 time very lucky. I spent a year in the NAM, make it back, 2nd time lucky. I married the best, most understanding, and beautiful woman in 1969, and shes still with me after all these years, 3rd time lucky.

herb
    6ft under

Like a few others here, mine came about by spelling breh backwards.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Mine is derived from the nickname that everyone in my family has “fife.” I have a younger brother, so I figured I’d take “Bigfife” so that he could have “fife” if he ever joined. I used to be big too, but I went off to college and I can’t afford to eat like I did at home.

Funny this came up because I am thinking about changing my name on here.

timdomaille
    Rochester Mn

Well as you can tell, I like killin’ geese. I shoot alot of them every year and love to work them in close! And as far as my avatar, it’s my lab Tanner (The Big Yellow Monster)! 85 lb female.

ederd
    Northeast Iowa, Randalia

Well my name is Edward-Ed, when I worked road construction for Carlsons a guy I worked with always called me Ederd, so i decided to use it here.

Willeye
    La Crosse, WI

I used to be “Willeye” which was a combination of Wisconsin (where I live) and Walleye (my favorite fish to catch). I recently added the hyphen to become “Will-eye” to correct any problems with pronunciation, ie. Willie.

Great thread!

marty28
    Mendota Heights, MN

Marty28=Paul Martinson- Marty for Martinson and 28 for one of the best hockey players ever: Steve Larmer (#28 Chicago Blackhawks and New York Rangers)

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

I like White Castle.

Now who wants to spend the day in my boat.

Ron

PoppaWolf1
    River Falls, WI

I like Wolves and I’m a dad so Poppa Wolf came to mind.

eyejacker
    Hudson, Wisconsin

Does it have a vent fan? I Da’ tells me there’s a methane to my madness, so I am sleeping in the basement!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

Now who wants to spend the day in my boat

Don’t do it! Trust me on this!

Man, this is awesome! Look at all the folks that just register! Kewl! The more people that register…the more info we have at our finger tips.

Ask any question and someone will have the experiance out there to know the answer!

Scott, the next time we do this, we should add..” and what promted you to register?”.

Breh? Where you been hiding?

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Nothing real fancy behind my name. Last nake is Watson and the A and the M are the first letter of my wife and I’s name

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

I used to be Bigfish679, and i just threw that together because i wanted to register no real reason for the name, i like to catch big fish and the numbers mean nothing. Now days, i just use my full name. If i ever think of something really good and catchy, ill change it, but for now, i think im all right. My title “hotstik wisc. reporter/angler” was given to me by Bill Cadwell, for all the information and fishing experiences i post on this website. I was very honored to recieve that title
    I don’t have any nicknames, not that i know of but one friend i used to fish with a lot called me “crawdaddy Cade”

sgt._rock
    Rochester, MN

Well mine goes back 30 years to my Air Force days. I was a paramedic with air rescue. PJ’s nowadays. Some days I was pretty crazy for a medic. Yeah I was an adrenaline junky. Name was given to me by an old flight surgeon based on the comic book character. When I first found this site I registered with that name not knowing I’d hang around and find so much fun, knowledge and good information. Also didn’t realize I could have stayed an anonymous lurker.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

I, as many would agree…am glad you didn’t!

Rock on! But get rid of that lute breath from Christmas will ya!

See ya at the Rochester Get toGether!

landscats
    North Dakota, USA

Landscats come from part of my last name and what I do land Cats. My name is Kent Hollands and I am a catfish guide. So I took lands from my last name and cats from my guiding service. Not sure what I’m goin gto do when I start guiding for other fish.

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Basslands
    Landscarp
    Suckerlands
    Crappielands

I could go on and on…..

Ron

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

Not sure what I’m goin gto do when I start guiding for other fish.

There’s an easier way Ron…Kent…DON’T DO IT!

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Cats at night, others during the day = best of both worlds.

Ron

emover
    Malcom, IA

Quote:

Basslands
    Landscarp
    Suckerlands
    Crappielands

I could go on and on…..

He’s here all week folks…be sure and try the veal

dave

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 96 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.