scams?

• Lyer
    mn

I have 3 items for sale here and i am getting responses from people telling me that they will send me certified cashiers checks in the mail and then they will send a transport person to pick up the item later. They wont call me or come look at the stuff for sale! I think these people are scams! Has anybody else heard of this before?

Mike

yodeldog
    Farmville, MN

yep, thats a scam. They will send you a cashiers check for above your asking price. In return you send the difference to them after you cash the phoney check. They get cash. And you have to pay bank back after it bounces. They never intend on picking up your item for sale. To check out a cashiers check. Look at the line under the signature in the bottom right corner with a magnafying glass. Its not a line, its the banks name over and over.

barbisfishn
    Cedar Rapids, Ia

Let me guess is it Sandar or Sandra Waters?

Someone needs to stick a hook up there (insert imagination here).

I guess Cash is King and Pick it up in person….

baldwin4
    NE IA

It is a scam I had some items for sale on another website and recieve the same emails. Cashier’s check are counterfit, usely takes the bank a while to find out they are bad, by then your item is long gone.

Lyer
    mn

YES one of them was SAndra Waters!! Scam,Scam,Scam……

waterfowler99
    Midwest

i recall reading a post similar to this on this site within the last couple of weeks.

big dad
    Rochester, Minnesota

Definitely someone scanning want ads on this site right now – was greeted with one of those described emails yesterday morning. Watch out!

fish4fish888
    Wahkon,MN

sandra waters or walters or what ever has been emailing me about my 3-wheeler. i sent the a hole a nice letter back today. i let them know what i thought about them. what loony toons.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

You’ll notice a lot of times these people offer full asking price, and normally only refer to whatever your selling as ITEM not as whatever it is your selling.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.