Help!!! posting pics

• brian_peterson
    Eagan, MN

Can someone please give me deyailed instructions on how to post pics on a post or post pics in general? I’m a real idiot when it comes to the computer. I don’t even know where to start, I’ve got pics on the camera but don’t know how to upload them and send,post,email etc. Thanks in advance and I appreciate it!!!!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Sorry bud, but you are on your own to get them from the camera into your computer…normally, when connection the usb cable from the camera to the computer…a software application would open that allows the picts to be transfered. This veries with computers and the software that comes with the camera.

Once the pics are in your computer…..

Crop and size your pic and save it in your computer as a jpeg remember 450 pixels on it’s largest side.

The name of the file can not contain any spaces or characters like @ # * .

Once saved to your computer go in and post a message in the forum of your choice.

After your post is typed in leave the box checked that says “I want to preview my post and/or attach a file”

Then there will be a box marked “browse” click this and it will take you to “your computer”

Select the picture you want to post by clicking on it, this will put the picture in the browse box…

Click continue and your all done….

If you still have problems posting pics you can send them to [email protected]

If you have anymore questions feel free to give me a shout.

wood913

thanks, I needed the information too. How about 2 or 3 pictures. Do you need to access the attachment feature multiple times or can they just be stacked on one shot?
    tks.
    w.

brian_peterson
    Eagan, MN

Everytime I try to continue it says that the image is too big, how do I fix that?

barbisfishn
    Cedar Rapids, Ia

It’s a pain, but you have to have a photo program to reduce them to a smaller size….

There’s a program called gimp that can do it. It’s found at http://www.gimp.org

brian_peterson
    Eagan, MN

the java script that the pics are in will let you change the size but how do I save those pics to that size so I can post?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Chunk…you can post more than one photo in a post…but it’s less time consuming if you just post one pic per post.

The trick is to take..let’s say two photos place them in a new jpg image and reduce the size to under 100k. Ends up being a smaller photo.

But if you have them stored on line somewhere (not password protected) that’s a differant story.

ggoody
    Mpls MN

Here is the easist resizing program.

Instal program…right click picture to be resized..select 640/480 or choose custom if you want it to be smaller.

Image resizer.

brian_peterson
    Eagan, MN

I clicked on your link and downloaded it, where is it?

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Easier yet:
    Right click picture
    Choose Edit
    Choose Image
    Choose stretch/skew
    Change both numbers for width and length to 75 and she should fit.

ggoody
    Mpls MN

It’s were you saved it to, desktop?, my documents?

Click it again and see where you saved/downloaded it.

You got beer over there if this fails I could come over and help.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Sorry I had to leave ya hangning Mr Freak…but you’re in good hands!

Looking forward to your photos when I return!

brian_peterson
    Eagan, MN

Thanks everybody, I think I got it!!!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.