Lost a fishing partner over the weekend

• KirtH
    Lakeville

Some of you may have seen her hanging over the side of red Lund over the years on Pool 4 and Pepin.

13 yrs of fishing, passed away from old age

KirtH
    Lakeville

one more on gaurd

dp
    Rochester,mn

My thoughts are with you our dog is a part of the family and a great friend

grampajimh
    Delmar, IA

Words can’t express the loss of one of our 4 legged buddies.

I am thinking of you in your sorrow.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
    -Will Rogers

If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain dogs I have
    known will go to heaven, and very, very few persons.

I am sure you will be seeing him in heaven or somewhere when you pass.

JIM

Arzie
    East Bethel, Minnesota

Our thoughts and prayers are with you!

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Now he’s up there watching over your boat when your out. Sorry for your buddy being gone. I’m afraid I’ll be in the same boat soon. Sorry….No pun intended.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Sorry to hear this news klh.

I wish God would have made them live longer or hurt less when they go.

yellowjacket
    Byron, MN

I feel for ya KIH, I lost my hunting partner a couple years ago, was with me since the day I graduated from college, 12 short years.

condolensces coming your way

D

eyejacker
    Hudson, Wisconsin

Sorry to hear of your loss. I also lost my fishing buddy a few years back and I still miss him!

diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

My condolences. I feel your pain. We have been in the similar situation and it is very tough to lost a friend, family member, and fishing buddy.

My prayers to you and yours.

Derek

GNFISN

Lost my best buddy June 5th after 13 wonderful , healthy years – He’s better off now. You will always have the memories of all the good times, theres something special about a Lab – Hang in there. – Cory

midnight
    Grand Rapids, MN

Sorry for your loss, remember the 13 years you had together. I lost my friend in July, and I just got a new friend last month. Take care.

marty28
    Mendota Heights, MN

Sorry to hear about your loss. It’s never easy to lose a great friend.

darin_rs
    Glen Ellyn, IL

Sorry for your loss, I dread that day when it will happen to me. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Darin

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Man that is tough. Sorry to hear about the losss fo your best bud .

Quote:

I wish God would have made them live longer or hurt less when they go.

Briank, you are right on, I often wonder the same thing. Yes, there is something special about Labs . I’ll give my lab a extra pat on the head today in memory of your fishing buddy.

pfluggy
    ROSEMOUNT, MN

LETTIN THE TRUCK WARM UP SOME TO HEAD TO #4.
    NOW I GOT TEARS IN MY EYES
    I AM SORRY TO HERE THIS .

garvi
    LACROSSE WI

TOUGH TIMES DOGS ARE GREAT FRIENDS AND FAMILY MEMBERS, DOGS LIVE SUCH A SHORT TIME BECAUSE THEY SHARE SO MUCH LOVE AND FRIENDSHIP.WE AS HUMANS ONLY DESERVE A SHORT AMOUNT OF TIME WITH SUCH A WONDERFUL PET AND COMPANION.THEN WE HAVE TO GO BACK TO REALITY UNTILL WE CAN GET ANOTHER BUDDY.

KEEP YOUR CHIN UP AND REMEMBER THE GREAT TIME YOU SHARED TOGETHER.

jldii

Thats always a hard thing to deal with. My heart goes out to you.

emover
    Malcom, IA

Sorry for your loss klh.
    It’s never easy, but know she is in a better place, to stand gaurd for you.

dave

nick
    Lakeville, MN

I feel for ya, I can’t imagine what it going to be like when the day comes for me

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

Prayering for ya bud…I have a dog that no joke looks like a twin to your buddy in the pics there and he is 8 and has severe bone cancer with a tumor bigger than a softball. I was told two years ago he would not live through winter and he has showed no signs of pain or weakness till the last two weeks and I am coming down to decision time cause I will not let him be in pain. This is honest to god probably the hardest moment of my life he has been through everything with me! God bless buddy and remember he will always be keeping an eye on your waters for ya! God bless

fishinfool
    mn

They say a dog has no soul, but no other animal can look in your eyes and seem to feel the exitement and pain that we feel. I wouldnt trade mine for another friend (human or animal in the world-he is my best buddy) He never turns me down unless hes feeling down with the old age setting in, he never talks back, he always shows he cares. MY HEART GOES OUT TO YOU.THANK GOD FOR MANS BEST FRIEND.—FISHINFOOL.

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Kirt,
    Sorry to hear of you loss, those are some GREAT pics in the boat. KNOW you have lots of great memories.
    Jack..

shayla

I heard it once said that we don’t own dogs as much as they own us…I’m sure everyone who’s ever lost one knows what I mean. Hope the pain goes soon, but the memories last forever. Good Luck to ya, sorry for the loss of your buddy.

yellowjacket
    Byron, MN

I mean to tell you, when mine left, it still is the toughest day in my life. No tears when Dad passed, none when my favorite uncle passed, best friend, etc….but take my dog….sheesh.

It was hard…be happy you didn’t have to put him down…mine had his liver and organs shut down, had to take him to the vet for the “shot”

Died in my arms…won’t ever do that again…still hurts today….I still call my new dog by his name occasionally, and it’s been 5 years

wood913

TRIBUTE TO A DOG
    The one absolutely unselfish friend that man can have in this selfish world, the one that never deserts him, the one that never proves ungrateful or treacherous, is his dog. A man’s dog stands by him in prosperity and in poverty, in health and in sickness. He will sleep on the cold ground, where the wintry winds blow and snow drives fiercely, if only he may be near his master’s side. He will kiss the hand that has no food to offer; he will lick the wounds and sores that come in encounter with the roughness of the world. He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a prince. When all other friends desert, he remains. When riches take wings and reputation falls to pieces, he is as constant in his love as the sun in its journey thru the heavens.
    Senator George Vest, 1870

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.