I have a Sick dog please help

• shew
    East Bethel, Minnesota

It’s late Fiday night and I have a dog who can’t keep from puking. I took the dog out side and she has the same thing coming out the back end as she does the front end. I think she has been a bit sick for the last week. She has pooped in the house on Wed. night threw up in the house on Sunday. I have seen her have a bit of a runny nose or at least a drip from her nose. I hope you all can help me/her. I will give her some rice in a bit to see if that will help her. Please give any input you may have. The vet may bee seen if not better in the morning. Thanks for your help and time.
    Adam.

eronningen
    Rochester, MN

If it was my dog he would go in right now. Me and my dog are tight.

wood913

take the dog to the vet. too much puking will dehydrate the animal and is dangerous. A week is too long to be that sick. good luck to the dog.

blufloyd

diamond pet food has recall for aflatoxin. praying your not a victim.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

IIRC the effected food was not sent to MN, atleast according to the recall.

theodorenugget
    Sugar Land, TX

Is she well enough to eat grass ? Does she try to do this on her own ? The fact she’s been sick since Sunday is concerning. My dog cleared a hole in the snow yesterday in order to eat grass, then threw up garbage he got into but that’s a short term thing.

Do the ears feel warm to the touch ? How much water is she drinking ? When is the last time she ate ? Is there anything outside or in the garage she can get into ? Get into the cats litterbox ? Are ears warm to the touch ? Does she have a fever (Normal temp 100.5 to 102.5)

Check out http://www.ehow.com

Choose Pets, then dogs….see topics about “How to determine if your dog needs medical care”

or

Follow this link to a list of topics..

http://www.ehow.com/list_1063.html

If all else fails & the need is urgent, it’s 24 hour vet time.

Good luck !

shew
    East Bethel, Minnesota

Well Guys thanks for your posts. I help off running her in last night and she seems to be doing fine this morning. I still will get her in today. Thanks guys.

yellowjacket
    Byron, MN

My golden had that trouble a couple weeks ago…seemed it was just a bug, but we ran him in and they gave him a shot to settle his stomach so he wouldn’t throw up….couple days later he was back to normal

yellowjacket
    Byron, MN

Oh, and believe it or not, my vet suggested starting him out with COTTAGE CHEESE when it is time to see if he can hold down food..couldn’t believe that, but the vet says it digests easily. Then rice/hamburger.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.