Looking for a good Canadian resort

• Bunky211

I’m looking to go to canada in the spring. Ive seen resorts from anywhere from $300-1200 a person. Can anyone recommend some decent ones with big pike? I dont care how “good” the cabins are, as I will be on a fishing trip so all I need is a bed shower sink and stove.

Thanks guys,
    Dan

JKwildhunting
    somewhere lost in Iowa

Went to Loon Haunt this year Loon Haunt it is a fly in fishing trip and you can catch all the walleyes you want and thier are some decent pike in thier too

Joe

jwellsy

First question is, drive in or fly in?
    I’ve been to Loon Haunt the folks that run it are very nice.
    But if you want consistant 40+” trofy sized northerns
    I would look into Manitoba instead of Ontario.

Bunky211

I guess I’m asking for the best “bang for the buck.” I don’t want to spend too much but at the same time I want to catch big fish. Ontario has some resorts for like $300-400 a person, but like jwellsy said, not that many huge fish. So maybe spend a little more than that to get trophy fishery? Or would that be my best bet, just stick with the cheaper resort and catch many decent fish but no monsters?

Thanks for the responses guys.

jwellsy

Best ‘bang for the buck’ to me is a week spent in the boundry waters Quantico park living out of a canoe. A few people can get together and share resources or use an outfitter. It’s a very cheap trip and I took my first 40″ northern on one of those trips. I’m not sure when the deadline is for applying for a permit to get in there.

putz
    Cottage Grove, Minn

Don’t know where you are from but the All-Canada show is this coming weekend at the Minneapolis Convention Center.

Bunky211

I’m in Illinois. All Canada show will be here in two weeks I believe. Just looking for someone with first hand experience in one of the resorts, because I’m sure they will all say they are the best.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

I have heard good things about Savant Lake in Ontario and it is a Trophy northern Lake.

Bob Bowman
    MN

Anything on the English River System. There are a lot of big pike and great eyes too

2Fishy4U

Check out Mahkwa Lodge on Lac Suel which is run by an Indian tribe. The lodge is expensive, but the cabins are extrememly reasonable, albeit not that great. The resort is on an Island which you can easily boat to. The northerns are fun and even in Late July my daughter and I caught a few over 40 inches on top water baits. The Walleye are everywhere and catching 100 plus per day is normal, although at that time of the year live bait was much better then crank baits.

Without flying in I doubt you can find better fishing anywhere.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.